Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 25-Apr-2005, 16:37
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
Mugello - anyone going?

bought a ticket to the mugello motogp this morning - anyone else going?? if so are you riding / flying etc etc. Got the ticket off ducati.com website so is in the ducati stand Wooo Hooo!
Old 25-Apr-2005, 17:28
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
I'm going,taking the missus,so we're flying!!

Staying Wednesday to Wednesday,so we're going to visit the factory,Venace & Florance.Bought the tickets off the net a couple of months ago so we're not in the Ducati stand!!

Nevermind,i'm sure we're enjoy ourselves,we'll be there in that amazing atmosphere!!
Old 27-Apr-2005, 08:25
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Yep,the family and I are going.
Flying in to Pisa then staying in a villa not far from the circuit.
Not got a ticket yet,probably just buy one on the gate.Did'nt fancy the Ducati stand.Last time we were there it was baking hot,with no cover on the stand those folks looked pretty uncomfortable.
Old 27-Apr-2005, 09:35
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Yep,the family and I are going.
Flying in to Pisa then staying in a villa not far from the circuit.
Not got a ticket yet,probably just buy one on the gate.Did'nt fancy the Ducati stand.Last time we were there it was baking hot,with no cover on the stand those folks looked pretty uncomfortable.

OH! Best take some cover. Staying in Rimini, other half like it there, and asked for the same room we used last year, balcony straight out over looking over the beach. Flying with BA, as it works out as nearly as cheap, to Bologna, drive down to Rimini. Do some sight seeing as well, all tho not visiting the factory this time, small pay off i guess to be at mugello.
Old 27-Apr-2005, 10:49
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Went there a couple of years ago, met Dickie there.
It was a really hot day, and that Ducati stand does have a good atmosphere, but no cover from the sun..........phew.

As i remember, it was a right bun fight to get in and out, something like 100,000 trying to get through a five bar gate!

fantastic time though!
Old 27-Apr-2005, 12:32
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
KB - think you were on the same beano as me - fly with ryanair/factory/museum trip/pick up bike and ducati stand ticket. It was hot - but i like that sort of thing and trying to get outof mugello at the end makes donnington look easy - but just sat back with a whole bunch of people and waited for the evening and went with them thru some very nice roads. i think you (and mrs KB?) had a 999 rolled off the production line for you? me and a mate had a 996S each to play with. trying to hire a bike - do you think ducati would have a couple spare again?
Old 27-Apr-2005, 22:32
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by misterpink
KB - think you were on the same beano as me - fly with ryanair/factory/museum trip/pick up bike and ducati stand ticket. It was hot - but i like that sort of thing and trying to get outof mugello at the end makes donnington look easy - but just sat back with a whole bunch of people and waited for the evening and went with them thru some very nice roads. i think you (and mrs KB?) had a 999 rolled off the production line for you? me and a mate had a 996S each to play with. trying to hire a bike - do you think ducati would have a couple spare again?

I WISH!!
Nah mate,not me.
Old 28-Apr-2005, 12:40
Montjuic

Mood: tyred and exhausted
Flying down?

Where are all the stories of the hard men riding over the alps?

I will be heading South through France on Thursday, and crossing the French / Italian border Friday morning. I am staying in Prato outside Florence.

This year I shall be taking it easy at the end of the race before trying to leave as I fried the clutch on my ST4s on the way out last year!
Old 28-Apr-2005, 21:07
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
Howard

Did Mugello last year and stayed in Campi Bisenzio, which is just before Prato. Don't be tempted to take the motorway to the circuit cos you'll be held up at the toll booth. Use the SP8 which runs parallel to the motorway. It's an ace road through the hills. You don't really need to know your way to the circuit. Just follow the bike in front of you. I say bike, it will probably be a scooter and you won't be able to catch it!!

Hope you all have fun after the race! Take some chill tablets!!
Old 30-Apr-2005, 14:16
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
Flying down?

Where are all the stories of the hard men riding over the alps?

I will be heading South through France on Thursday, and crossing the French / Italian border Friday morning. I am staying in Prato outside Florence.

This year I shall be taking it easy at the end of the race before trying to leave as I fried the clutch on my ST4s on the way out last year!

2 teenage kids and partner pillion, I've thought about driving, but the kids tell me........ well I can't repeat it, because the peski Webteam have censored the word So BA will take the strain.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit