Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 17-Apr-2006, 02:36
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Having some tinnies and a barbie
ITV\'s BSB at Thruxton

Due to the previous complaints about Brands and Donny, I thought I would get in early to moan about ITV's coverage today of the third round from Thruxton. I though it was much better when it was on Sky....blah blah blah.
As they say, "Blue films are ok but you can't beat being at the live event":P
Old 17-Apr-2006, 02:41
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Nice one FE

I'm waiting until 9.30pm to watch every race (bar S/Stock Cup)

I don't think I watch anything on ITV these days - do they do bike racing?
Old 17-Apr-2006, 16:02
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Now showing on ITV until 5pm
Old 17-Apr-2006, 16:30
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
I love that Country
Old 17-Apr-2006, 18:20
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Credit where credit's due. Much better coverage today. Recording of all of the first race, plus editied highlights of R6 nuts and Superstock and full live coverage of race two. In my book that's a result!
Old 17-Apr-2006, 19:55
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Its a double edge sword,........damned if you do, ..............necessary evil, ............game of two halves.......etc, etc....

ITV are bringing exposure of bikes and biking to a far greater audience and it must be for the good of bikes. Commercial interests and sponsors will gain from the greater exposure on terrestrial TV and reinvest in the series = goodness.

Yes the coverage isn't as good as Sky, but the good news is that you can have both - albeit delayed on Sky. They will get better - particularly if the viewing figures are strong.

I'd always recorded the Sky coverage anyway (SKY+) - so its still the same, I will miss the odd time when I could have watched race 1 live, but I understand that they will (have) shown some of the R6 cup too?

Tim
Old 17-Apr-2006, 22:01
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Credit where credit's due. Much better coverage today. Recording of all of the first race, plus editied highlights of R6 nuts and Superstock and full live coverage of race two. In my book that's a result!

Yep, better coverage but will someone please send the commentator - Muttley(?) - a poisoned chalice. That voice over is just wrong.
So much so that I watched the second race with the sound off.
Old 18-Apr-2006, 16:57
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
I still think they are doing a fair job. As for Barry Nuttley, i have met him on several occasions and he is passionate about bikes. Also No ad breaks in the races . As Rattler said , greater coverage to a wide audience.
I also remember the great job Sky did when they covered world supers, THEN they were gone. At least give itv some credit for showing it. For all we know sky may be on the verge of dumping it (ala wsb). Then what. settle down to an afternoon of Eastenders or Time-team.
Old 18-Apr-2006, 21:17
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
skys coverage is still far superior in my eyes and itv have a long way to go before they even get close to it.
Old 18-Apr-2006, 23:55
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Coverage on Sky is definitely better, I have decided in future to just record the Sky coverage and watch it over a couple of nights. Im sure Barry Nutley is passionate about bikes and is probably great with his grandchildren but either his style of commentry or his voice makes an annoying package - IMHO.

As for Sky dropping the BSB, what guarantee do ITV give that they wont just drop it, none. If they did somone would pick it up Motors TV or Eurosport. I could forgive ITV if they showed the whole program even if that was on ITV 2 or 3 etc etc.......

never mind though I can adapt.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit