Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Mar-2004, 21:29
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I wrote a considerable response to this, but, as i often do to threads like this, chose not to post it.

KB is correct, and i do say quite often its not doing it, its getting caught doing it! Once caught things can go a variety of ways....
Old 24-Mar-2004, 21:38
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I was going to tell a story about, as a result of being able to read a rear number plate today, two males are in custody for a series of 10 yes 10 Robberies.
During the course of these robberies the victims have been subjected to a variety of vicious assaults.
If they were your loved ones, youd want the PIGS to have caught them by whatever means....
Now i dont for one moment make a comparison of the people involved in my or your point, mearly the fact that you need to be able to read a plate!
Old 25-Mar-2004, 00:41
Ducati Corse

People within the law enforcement agencies have a job to do.

The rules-they don't make,just enforce.If you want to break the law,when you know what it is,take the consequences.I do,with my small number plate,50mm Termis and dark visor,plus the "making progress"speeds.I will whinge when caught,but know the rules and choose to play the game.The police like most government agencies are under resourced,stopped from doing the job that they want to do by desk bound government officials only wanting statistics.Give them a break.You really DON'T want to know what the real criminals are like that they DO catch.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Jasp
Old 25-Mar-2004, 01:10
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
we all take risks and dont think about when we do get away with it, just when we get caught. the world would be a sorry state with out the laws but there are more serious offences which they could be dealing with.
any way my number plate is in my coat and it just fell off. honest!
Old 25-Mar-2004, 10:26
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
Well said Jasp. When you see and hear of some of the **** they have to deal with you'll think differently about the guys doing the job.
Old 25-Mar-2004, 10:29
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
It's never our fault is it?

Our society has imported the pathetic US mentality that if anything goes wrong in our lives we no longer accept our own responsibilities, we just look around for people to point fingers at.

We've adopted the sort of thinking that rules are not for us personally, they're for all the others, and we throw a strop if we actually get taken to task over anything.

I'm with Jasper, it's a question of choice. I've chosen to have loud cans, I've chosen to put my 5 digit VIN on a plate that is no longer legal in terms of overall size, even though the font is a legal one, and I make the choice to break speed limits or not every time I ride.

If I exercise that freedom of choice, I shouldn't be surprised if plod exercise their right to pull me.
Old 25-Mar-2004, 16:26
Mille

Actually Alan, I hate to be pedantic but I heard a rumour today that Tone's trip has been sponsored by Shell! (I'm not joking by the way).
Old 25-Mar-2004, 21:20
Big Twin

Mood: Avatar what Avatar
Well KB Iwish I had your faith in the boys in blue but first had experiences tell a very very different story I won't go into details as this is not the place.

Old 25-Mar-2004, 21:52
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
It has nothing to do with faith...
They do a flippin good job as well as put up with the crap the government shell out so that they are "performing" to their targets and giving"value added", taking the bad mouthing that they always do from motorbikers/motorists and teenage ponces that flount the law coz they think it's a wheeze...
Yes we all know that there are some idiots that strut about in a uniform and I am sorry if you met some of them but...
When a six year old sits across a table from me and tells me what their Dad did to them last night and then tells me not to tell anyone then I like to think that when it is reported and out of my hands that some decent ,hardworking, sensitive police officer is going to interview that little one with the same amount of empathy and respect as I gave to Him/her.
It's not just about your number plate...
If we let off number plates we might as well let off dodgy lights, and if we let off dodgy lights we might as well not bother with MOT's and if we don't bother with MOT's then we might as well not bother with insurance...get my point!
Off soap box...
Old 25-Mar-2004, 22:03
Big Twin

Mood: Avatar what Avatar
Wow that has touched a nerve. You have your point view and I have mine.