Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Feb-2009, 20:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke
Am I right in thinking that we have a mixed grid ?
Looking at the entrie for donny
If so... ? only 40 riders on the grid!!!

Steve at this meeting just like Castle Combe in the past I would expect it to be a mixed grid and thats how it reads to me on the entry form, I thought it was 44 allowed on the grid at Donny but I could be mistaken.

So get your entries in early as its first come first served, if your a reserve it doesn't matter how fast you are in quallifying you will still be a reserve

I have just checked and it is 40 starters and 60 allowed in practice so I was mistaken

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook

Last edited by skidlids : 25-Feb-2009 at 20:30.
Old 25-Feb-2009, 20:39
Mille

Why oh why do we have to have mixed grids? Race committee told me earlier this year that we have 42 participating Class B riders this year so whats it all about? Its a DSC race series, do DSC have ANY say in how its run? And if they do, is there a mechanism for informing the money paying participants that they are sharing a grid YET AGAIN?
Old 25-Feb-2009, 20:45
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogaromill998
Why oh why do we have to have mixed grids? Race committee told me earlier this year that we have 42 participating Class B riders this year so whats it all about? Its a DSC race series, do DSC have ANY say in how its run? And if they do, is there a mechanism for informing the money paying participants that they are sharing a grid YET AGAIN?
Im with you on this one Nog, Best we not let them forget who there end user is.
Ne would do very well to go back to being a club, Running club rounds, Not trying to do too much, Moto six and the caslte coombe rounds just screw there everyday paying club racer.
At this rate New era will be forgotten era next year.
Old 25-Feb-2009, 20:51
Mille

Its the first round of the year, so most everyone will want to race. So what happens if EVERYONE gets their entries in in time? 42 Class B, how many Class A ?
DSC needs to lay down some ground rules to NE or whoever the club that runs it in future is, about what the participants expect as a standard. We dont pay any less to have mixed grids....this was my gripe last year too, and it was never resolved. And I am sure the Class A participants are just as aggrieved......
And if DSC HAS laid down the ground rules, and therefore by default KNEW we'd be running a mixed grid.....where was the communication yet again?
Old 25-Feb-2009, 20:59
MotoGP God

Well North Glos mix SoT with MT and don't seem to have a problem and this happens at every round of there club championship.

Maybe if NE didn't host any other series but their own club events they maybe better off, No Moto Six, No Grand National, No Karts, No KTM, No Dutch Ducati Club, No Lansdowne Cup and No Desmo Due

Maybe they should just Stick to GP125, F400, F600, Pro-Bike, Sound of Thunder, CB500, Hornets, and pre inj/Steel frame thats 8 grids so 16 races a day or 24 if they want to go for 3 races per class. I know that worked for them as I found to my cost on several occasions I was a reserve in F600.

Old 25-Feb-2009, 21:15
Big Twin

[quote=skidlids]
Maybe if NE didn't host any other series but their own club events they maybe better off, No Moto Six, No Grand National, No Karts, No KTM, No Dutch Ducati Club, No Lansdowne Cup and No Desmo Due
QUOTE]

I think you have taken that bit out of context Kev, Without the NORMAL lodging series New era would be Broke and gone this year, Thundersport have seen to that, or should I say new Era have seen to that themselves.
I was actually refering to The moto 6 and the Grand national or whatever they call it at Castle Coombe, Yea its great for the Boys and girls at NE to be able to shout from the rooftops, We did this and we ran that, But at who's cost is this being done....... Mine mate thats my problem.
How much Money will NE make from the Irish racers that are coming over to do the 6 nations this season, My guess is a whole lot less than they will make from Desmo due. Surely to be a succesfull Race club they must look after their regular customers....Yup us.
If we had comunication from the race commitee most of these worries could be squashed or at least sorted before march.
Just my thoughts
Old 25-Feb-2009, 21:21
Big Twin

[quote=skidlids]Well North Glos mix SoT with MT and don't seem to have a problem and this happens at every round of there club championship.
QUOTE]
Fair play But do they have enough of each class to fill a grid???? I feel pretty sure Knowing NG that they would not turn away a possible 30 enrties by running 1 grid and 30 reserves..... But I guess thats why they made a profit last year and New era didnt.
Old 25-Feb-2009, 21:57
MotoGP God

I'm sure DD would get a better deal from NE if we commit to filling both race days at a two day meeting.
It does not suit New Era to just try and run our class on a Sunday (probably wouldn't suit other clubs either)so if we said we would also put out two fairly full grids (say min of 25 on each) on the Saturday as well. So that we end up with 4 championship point scoring races at meetings at Pembrey, Snetterton, Anglesey and both Cadwells then they could try filling the grids at Donny and CC with a differnt guest class

Old 25-Feb-2009, 22:01
Mille

Then why do we stick with NE ? Would Bemsee or Thunderbike not be interested in running DD ?
Perhaps I'll just shutup. Seems there are only one or two of us prepared to stick heads over the parapet to get shot at yet everyone moans about it under their breath, and bugger all gets done about it anyway.
Old 25-Feb-2009, 22:07
MotoGP God

I think Thunderbikes would have at one stage, but now that they have filled there grids I should think they are happy with what they have got. They may also have wanted DD to fill grids on both days as every empty grid space on either day is either costing the race club a loss or the racer a higher entry fee. It works best for the race clubs if they are over subscribed and have riders in reserve