Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Feb-2009, 22:35
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
I'm sure DD would get a better deal from NE if we commit to filling both race days at a two day meeting.
It does not suit New Era to just try and run our class on a Sunday (probably wouldn't suit other clubs either)so if we said we would also put out two fairly full grids (say min of 25 on each) on the Saturday as well. So that we end up with 4 championship point scoring races at meetings at Pembrey, Snetterton, Anglesey and both Cadwells then they could try filling the grids at Donny and CC with a differnt guest class

I see exactly where you are coming from on this one Kev, So Im guessing that this was brought up at the RC / NE meeting if there was one, Then it was put to the riders before a decision was made....LOL I doubt they could put another guest club in at Donny Who would they aim at, Every one else had their acts sorted early with other clubs who had thier calenders sorted.
I will await confirmation but if, Donnington is a mixed grid with Just 40 racers and gawd knows how many reserves I will Not be entering, £150 buys me a lot of tracktime elswhere, and it will give some of the new guys to the series a chance to get a race, as I remember how Kyle felt at cadwell.
The other point is that I still have yet to recieve My New Era postal regs, So effectivly if I didnt use the tinternet, Those 40 places could have gone before I even recieved my Regs.....UNFAIR........Actually its worse than that it sucks.
Old 25-Feb-2009, 23:37
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I think the KTM guys would have been up for Donny, 6 of the riders from that series turned up at Daventry for the New Era meeting so they could try and make themselves heard. Talking to a couple of them after the meeting they pretty much knew they would be ruled out of Donny as they were unlikely to be able to put out a full grid but with the change to the class now being Supermoto they hope to attract more entrants so may have managed it.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 25-Feb-2009, 23:49
Big Twin

yup there is 20 of them acording to thier web chatter, Still what will be will be, I just feel that the porews that be have lost the reality that without customers they are GONE, Used to be a good friendly club, Just read the hatred posted on there site, Most have voted with their feet.
If DD at donny is as thought My first round will be Anglesey, I are'nt piffing about with all this reserves Shyte, Otherwise I will get ****ed off with the organisation again ( Why i packed in DD in the first place) and torch the DD bike
Old 25-Feb-2009, 23:50
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
This is and always has/will be an issue.

eg. in the history of DD there has always been a significant dropout rate, 60 people put their names in the hat for the season, then maybe only 35-40 turn up at each and EVERY round. There is the problem.

DD cannot commit to filling grids, so the commercial operator (NE) has to do everything they can to fill every available grid space. It makes sense, yes the consumer DD suffers, but NE take the huge financial risk of booking the circuits.

Options: You have to make a commitment to the full season, financially, like the Triumph or Suzuki cups require upfront, to ensure full grids are paid, therefore allowing NE to plan well in advance. I'm sure that wont go down well with the DD faithfull??

So, you either enter early and upfront and race as much as you like, or pick and choose you races you want to enter or can afford.

Mixed grids??!! - let it go!! - its in the top 5 of reccuring debates on DD every year, let it go, just race whomever lines up beside you!!!
Old 25-Feb-2009, 23:58
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Steve at this meeting just like Castle Combe in the past I would expect it to be a mixed grid and thats how it reads to me on the entry form, I thought it was 44 allowed on the grid at Donny but I could be mistaken.

So get your entries in early as its first come first served, if your a reserve it doesn't matter how fast you are in quallifying you will still be a reserve

I have just checked and it is 40 starters and 60 allowed in practice so I was mistaken

Hi Kev
Yes 40, Just thought i would point this out to other DDers.
As for me?
My season will start in north wales as after watching a few vids on
you tube it looks like a great place to race.
I did consider donny but for value for the £ the other circuits offer more and
i'm not a fan of donny and what it stands for= lot's of £££££'s
At least one of the new racers in class B will get the chance to race at the first meeting as i really do think there will be lots of disapointed faces.
i maybe wrong but i can see at least 10
going on the reserve list ?
hope not though.
Steve
Old 26-Feb-2009, 00:09
Big Twin

I Understand this Chris, But dont we put down £200 to committ to race..... If people lost this then they would think very carefully about putting their names in the hat to start with.
The main point is this is the first race of the year and its a willy waving exercise for jim parker, With the ammount of 583 guys registered this year that could almost fill one grid, But have we been given the chance to prove we can do it, The regs have not even landed on my doorstep yet?????
New Era Have lost the plot this year, what bothers me is that due to their lateness and utter **** comunications lots of people will be reserves through no fault of their own and as you rightly say we are the ones to suffer, its a very bitter pill to swallow.
WSB WILL TAKE MY MIND OFF THE ISSUE THIS WEEKNED ??? YOU GOING???
Old 26-Feb-2009, 00:12
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
This is and always has/will be an issue.

eg. in the history of DD there has always been a significant dropout rate, 60 people put their names in the hat for the season, then maybe only 35-40 turn up at each and EVERY round. There is the problem.

DD cannot commit to filling grids, so the commercial operator (NE) has to do everything they can to fill every available grid space. It makes sense, yes the consumer DD suffers, but NE take the huge financial risk of booking the circuits.

Options: You have to make a commitment to the full season, financially, like the Triumph or Suzuki cups require upfront, to ensure full grids are paid, therefore allowing NE to plan well in advance. I'm sure that wont go down well with the DD faithfull??

So, you either enter early and upfront and race as much as you like, or pick and choose you races you want to enter or can afford.

Mixed grids??!! - let it go!! - its in the top 5 of reccuring debates on DD every year, let it go, just race whomever lines up beside you!!!

Did you know that the largest grids at snetterton last year were class A and B in DD ?
Old 26-Feb-2009, 00:26
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke
Did you know that the largest grids at snetterton last year were class A and B in DD ?

Yep,

I'm looking at it from a NE point of view. If DD could 'cast iron' guarantee that every race meet they would have the numbers, different story.

I feel for you guys, I've thrown a lot of money at NE over the DD years, unfortunately there is no solution for everyone. So you have to make an individual decision.

Don't race at Donny - buys another set of tyres!!
Old 26-Feb-2009, 00:28
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter916
I Understand this Chris, But dont we put down £200 to committ to race..... If people lost this then they would think very carefully about putting their names in the hat to start with.
The main point is this is the first race of the year and its a willy waving exercise for jim parker, With the ammount of 583 guys registered this year that could almost fill one grid, But have we been given the chance to prove we can do it, The regs have not even landed on my doorstep yet?????
New Era Have lost the plot this year, what bothers me is that due to their lateness and utter **** comunications lots of people will be reserves through no fault of their own and as you rightly say we are the ones to suffer, its a very bitter pill to swallow.
WSB WILL TAKE MY MIND OFF THE ISSUE THIS WEEKNED ??? YOU GOING???

I agree completely, it is a risk/reward for Jim.

The 200gbp has never been enforced, maybe it should be for the future?

Not going but, looking forward to PI WSB, be nice to watch it live at a normal time!! I should be at the MotoGP this year!!
Old 26-Feb-2009, 00:31
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Yet the smallest Class Grid at Mallory in 2008 for the first round was DD Class B followed by Class A, with the SoT grid being 32 strong, take out the 5 DD bikes and it still had 27 entrants compared to Class Bs 19 plus a guest rider for PB mag

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook