Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-Oct-2006, 16:24
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieducati
so is this set in stone and cannot be changed?

If ALL the riders want a new RC - like they ALL agreed on Saturday evening, then surely they must be listened to.

After all, there won't be a series to be RC'd without riders.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 17:22
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
But you weren't at the start of the year, it was PJ and Monty, so if you can be added half way through, why can't things be sorted now?

well spotted lord R
Old 09-Oct-2006, 19:40
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
The draft constitution lists one of the objectives of the DSC as

"the organisation and management of Ducati Desmo Due Race Series for all members of the Club" - I guess the MT assume the role because it's a stated objective of the club. However, the list of 9 MT offices (of a maximum of 10 possible posts) in that draft does not include posts for RC. This may now be covered in the job descriptions but I was led to believe that no descriptions had actually been written as at the 23rd September when the consultation meeting took place. At that meeting, it was agreed that job descriptions were needed, would be written and made available on the website for members to look at, rather than the alternative that was suggested which was - you have to contact a member of the MT to find out what the job entails.

CB was taking the minutes at that meeting so should have a record of that agreement.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 19:46
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redruth

"the organisation and management of Ducati Desmo Due Race Series for all members of the Club" - I guess the MT assume the role because it's a stated objective of the club. However, the list of 9 MT offices (of a maximum of 10 possible posts) in that draft does not include posts for RC. This may now be covered in the job descriptions but I was led to believe that no descriptions had actually been written as at the 23rd September when the consultation meeting took place. At that meeting, it was agreed that job descriptions were needed, would be written and made available on the website for members to look at, rather than the alternative that was suggested which was - you have to contact a member of the MT to find out what the job entails.

CB was taking the minutes at that meeting so should have a record of that agreement.

Was there any information on the MT positions and their roles in the minutes of that meeting or anything else handed out?

The reason I ask is that I've e-mailed Chris Bushell, Paul James and Monty twice asking for this information, or part thereof, and not received a reply.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 19:55
Ducati Meccanica

I don't think the MT is likely to produce minutes for that 'consultation', Tony.
The results will show in the re-drafted clauses and the job descriptions being made available.

There were no details about the positions discussed at the meeting, just an acknowledgment that there needs to be a full description for each role otherwise how can anyone (a) decide to take a role on or (b) be shown not to be fulfilling that role properly.
Old 09-Oct-2006, 19:58
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
I don't think the MT is likely to produce minutes for that 'consultation', Tony.
The results will show in the re-drafted clauses and the job descriptions being made available.

There were no details about the positions discussed at the meeting, just an acknowledgment that there needs to be a full description for each role otherwise how can anyone (a) decide to take a role on or (b) be shown not to be fulfilling that role properly.

No worries, thanks Ruth
Old 09-Oct-2006, 19:59
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
If ALL the riders want a new RC - like they ALL agreed on Saturday evening, then surely they must be listened to.

After all, there won't be a series to be RC'd without riders.

Interesting spin on that Dom.....'and no series without an RC.'

Not sure on the use of ALL in your description....

I agree their is some dissatisfaction with certain elements of the series management.....but....easy on the use of ALL.

????
Old 09-Oct-2006, 20:12
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:

What does all that mean? Blimey!!!
My first question is, who do I speak to in order for me to understand what/who decides who sits on the RC and why this has to be a member of the MT?

And if it has to be a member of the MT, can he or she be voted in by the members or who votes them on?

And how can another MT member join the RC halfway through the year if they are not voted on?

Tim
Old 09-Oct-2006, 20:38
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
Interesting spin on that Dom.....'and no series without an RC.'

Actually, there can be a series without the RC. You were at the meeting weren't you Chris?

Quote:
Not sure on the use of ALL in your description....

I agree their is some dissatisfaction with certain elements of the series management.....but....easy on the use of ALL.

????

Unless I'm hugely mistaken, even you agreed that the RC ought to be replaced.

Maybe I was in another meeting???
Old 09-Oct-2006, 20:50
Ducati Meccanica

What it means Tim, is that at the moment the RC thing appears to be completely undefined. If you're talking about doing things through official channels then, according to point 6b of the minutes from the last AGM, an EGM can be called for by 50 fully paid up members putting a 'demand' in writing, stating the business to be discussed. The notice for an EGM currently stands at 30 days. It will change to 60 if the new draft constitution is adopted, but that isn't going to be for well over a month so now's the time to act if you want something done in time for next season, as far as I can see.