Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Nov-2006, 07:15
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Clegg
I remember seeing foggy on a 916 for the first time and thinking I want one. Then my uncle having a 748 then his 996 and always looking in his garage thinking one day ill have one of them, I just loved the bike and would just sit and look at it for ages. Though iv only seen photos of the new 1098 I just want one it’s the best looking bike iv ever seen. cant wait for the bike show in London to sit on the bike. I haven’t been this excited about a bike since the 998. I just want one should have a proper job in 6 months and I know just what im going to buy I don’t care how much it cost I don’t care the insurance is going to be through the roof I want one ( in red ).
You go for it mate. I felt the same about the 916. Finnally got a 996. Still well happy after 8 years of good times together. Best of luck with the job.
Old 24-Nov-2006, 09:28
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
dunno Gazzi but 3X are going to let me have a spin even though they know I wont be buying one...........yet, maybe later, but probably when the baby brother comes out,
Old 24-Nov-2006, 11:25
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
Sadly MCN (as usual) take all the credit for other peoples work, as their article was pretty much word for word a straight translation of the Italian journalist's article written for "Motociclismo's" track test conducted at Monza and which MCN journo (Monsieur Trevor Franklin) claims as his own penned words. Bullshit they are. This is plagarism at it's most obvious. It simply perpetuates the notion....MCN great pics, **** substance. ONLY the Italian journalists were present at the initial track test and who were invited into the R & D department at the factory BEFORE the official launch (and long before the leaked photos broke cover) to see the bike in it's entirety, and whose subsequent article was released AFTER the launch. MCN will sell their grandmother to the highest bidder and might as well be a worthy sister publication to the "SUN", another infamous adult comic.

Not a fan of MCN then Rod???

My MCN says the test was written by Federico Alivieri, with pics by Allesio Barbanti. Federico 2nd paragraph mentions his "Italian colleagues at Motociclismo, when we had an exclusive preview ride at Monza."
Old 24-Nov-2006, 16:29
Ducati Dealer

Hi there

all of us here at Italsport Ducati in Bury, Manchester would like to invite ducati sporting club and members to our open evening / 1098s launch

Ducati have given us a provisional date of thursday 14 dec to launch the 1098s to the uk

All being well with delivery from Ducati we will be holding a launch evening with refreshments

we would be happy to welcome anyone who is interested ( even non duke owners ) if you know any who would like to come

could i possibly have some numbers for attendance so i can decide on how much in the way of drinks / food to provide

Many Thanks

Paul

Italsport
Units 1 - 3 Yarwood Street
Bury, Lancs
BL9 7AU
0161 797 6124