Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-Jul-2005, 19:31
500SD

So that\'s why they don\'t nod at me...!

Just got back from the airshow on Sunderland's sea front. There were thousands of spectators there - including hundreds of other bikers.

I parked up on the prom. amidst dozens of UJM riders, and just sat on my bike to watch the show. Not one of the other bikers acknowledged me. Why was this? Could it have been my red/white/green Ducati Corse jacket? My matching red/white/green AGV lid? Or maybe my loud red motorbike had somehow offended them? Not to worry, I'll just watch the planes, thought I.

Anyway, about a half hour into the show a great big bearded guy with a camera slung round his neck spotted me, and he just about clambered over the UJMs to reach where I was parked. "SP4!" he cried. "That's fu*king gorgeous, that mate. You don't mind, do you?" Then click, click click with the camera. He didn't even ask me to get off the bike!

Ahhh! So that's why they don't nod at me! Priceless!
Old 31-Jul-2005, 19:40
Ducati Meccanica

Ah yes mate, true class stands out from the crowd no matter how big that crowd might be, 888's what more is there to say.
glad you had a good un.

cheers
robin