Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue Series Information
Documentation & info to help prospective & current DesmoDue Racers

Old 13-Jun-2015, 19:32
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
personally I prefer to make all rounds count, if you do them count them kind of attitude. (not this year though as I've already 'dropped' some)
Old 13-Jun-2015, 21:53
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
The dropping of rounds was included when not only large distances were involved but also when the amount of rounds went beyond one per monthly pay packet, after all it is promoted as a budget series.

The difference a couple of extra meetings makes is around £1000 for most people so £1200 before tax has to be earned. This year it was 3 rounds over the ideal so a extra £1800 before tax had to be found.

Not sure where dropping 7 races in the original calendar equals 2 rounds as it would have been possible to drop Oulton and both summer Cadwell rounds and still have another to drop, of at least drop two meetings plus either 1 or 2 extra races depending on if you dropped Oulton or not.

Also dropping 4 races is not the equivalent of dropping one round, it maybe going forward from this point but in what has gone before it would be a round and a third.

26 from 33 is 78.79 %
20 from 26 is 76.92 % difference from originally planned is 1.8648 % less
21 from 26 is 80.77 % difference from originally planned is 1.9813 % more

making the dropping of 6 races from 26 closer to what had been planned

Next year we will hopefully not be in a position where there are two many rounds (hoping for 8) or have to travel from one of the country to the other, so then we can go back to having it as all rounds count

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 14-Jun-2015, 12:25
Mille
Bikes: DD class B, Street Triple, Tiger 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

Not sure where dropping 7 races in the original calendar equals 2 rounds as it would have been possible to drop Oulton and both summer Cadwell rounds and still have another to drop, of at least drop two meetings plus either 1 or 2 extra races depending on if you dropped Oulton or not.

Also dropping 4 races is not the equivalent of dropping one round, it maybe going forward from this point but in what has gone before it would be a round and a third.

26 from 33 is 78.79 %

7 races comes from the maximum number of races from two meets, 4 races at 2nd Cadwell and 3 races from all other planned rounds other than Oulton, that was how the discussion went at the start of the year and how we ended up with 7. Similar to last year why we dropped 3 which was the maximum amount of races at one meeting.
Old 14-Jun-2015, 12:51
Mille

From 2015 considerations post.

How Many rounds how many races to count towards the championship points score

In 2015 Hottrax have put together an 11 meeting Race Calendar

They have made the August Bank Holiday meeting at Cadwell Park a NON Championship special meeting, thus making it 10 championship meetings

10 championship meetings would be made up of 29 races, where we could have your best 26 results to count towards the championship score

Alternatively it may be possible for Desmo Due to have 13 championship meetings with the August Cadwell counting as 2 rounds, as there will be quallifying and 2 races on both the Sunday and Monday
This would increase the total to 33 races of which we could again have 26 counting towards the final points score
Old 14-Jun-2015, 18:16
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

Quote:

26 from 33 is 78.79 %

That is slightly closer in percentage terms but of a much smaller starting number
∴ further from the original amount of intended and optimal number of points races
= less reason to all do all remaining new races??
Old 14-Jun-2015, 20:18
MotoGP God

So how about this Miles, to encourage more people to start the other races we should possibly go for All remaining races to count and drop 7 races from the Hottrax rounds as that is the rules that those races were run under, So we take the best 5 scores from the races so far and encourage everyone to race to the end of the season
People have already made their decisions on what has been and what WAS to come, now we have a different situation and people can't undo the decisions they made at the time based on the information they had at the time.
Those decisions were made on being able to drop 7 results equal to 21.21% out of 26 races the NEAREST we have to that is dropping 23.08% equal to dropping 6 results

As far as I know I never mentioned any 4 race rounds in the original Championship this year, all were mainly 3 races per round apart from the three 2 race rounds at Oulton, Cadwell and Cadwell. therefore dropping 7 would allow the dropping of 3 rounds

Old 14-Jun-2015, 22:31
Mille

Quote:
Those decisions were made on being able to drop 7 results equal to 21.21% out of 26 races the NEAREST we have to that is dropping 23.08% equal to dropping 6 results

As far as I know I never mentioned any 4 race rounds in the original Championship this year, all were mainly 3 races per round apart from the three 2 race rounds at Oulton, Cadwell and Cadwell. therefore dropping 7 would allow the dropping of 3 rounds

Again from post earlier in the year "In general more choice is a good thing !
so being able to pick 9 from 11 race weekends is probably going to suit more riders than either 11 from 11 or 9 from 9 weekends"

Kev that is how you described it 9 from 11 i.e. the August Cadwell being one meeting that's how we ended up at 7 dropped scores, percentages never came in to it.

If you take the 7 race results off from the Hottrax results and all the rest count that doesn't reward people who have done all 4 rounds up to now that may not be able to make all of the remaining rearranged rounds, must be some common ground here somewhere
Old 15-Jun-2015, 01:14
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger san

Kev that is how you described it 9 from 11 i.e. the August Cadwell being one meeting that's how we ended up at 7 dropped scores, percentages never came in to it.

pretty sure I described as a weekend, not one separate meeting, as it is a Bank holiday meeting it was actually Sunday and Monday, both to be treated as Separate rounds with Qualifying and two races each day

The opening post in that topic said
"Alternatively it may be possible for Desmo Due to have 13 championship meetings with the August Cadwell counting as 2 rounds, as there will be quallifying and 2 races on both the Sunday and Monday
This would increase the total to 33 races of which we could again have 26 counting towards the final points score"

and in the 5th post I posted
"some may only be able to do the Sunday or the Monday but not both hence it being a separate round each day. Others might not be able to do Oulton as qually is always on the Friday:

Hence there being 3 race meetings with 2 races at each and the remainder having 3 races each meeting

I was all set to drop 5 from 24 as that was very close to the original at 79.12% counting, but with two extra races coming along at sort notice and people struggling to make them then rather than make them non scoring in which case we wouldn't get the numbers to race so the compromise then was to allow the dropping of another result.
I doubt if the majority have a problem with this compromise

Old 15-Jun-2015, 13:05
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
How about drop 3 of the ones we've done and 3 of the races and to come?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 15-Jun-2015, 19:44
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot
How about drop 3 of the ones we've done and 3 of the races and to come?

That is one of the options I'm considering Scott although it still works out at 6 races
I did a points table based on 3 dropped rounds from current scores over a week ago when I started looking at the options.
But until I know the actual number of races still to come I can't make a decision one way or the other