Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Apr-2006, 02:08
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
tyre wear would be interesting and also if there was a tyre changing facility available

did you need to know much spanish or can you get by with plain old english

daft questions maybe but it will help my decision on whether to go or not
Old 29-Apr-2006, 09:01
Big Twin

Mood: r
thanks guys,the trip was £699,this was for bike transportyou have to get the bike to the depo or pay extra ,my flight,transfers from airport-hotel-track,4 days track time.we ran three 20 mins groups then open pit in afters with a limit of 35 bikes out at one time.on average i would guess 20 were out at any time. the hotel package was of bed & breakfast. someone from motofreight was making up the sandwiches at the track for around 1-2 euros,crisps,fruit & water were also sold.free tea of coffee. TYRES= i had a new set of mitch power race,front was a soft compound & rear was a medium/soft.( you are allowed to take a set with you & a bag for leathers etc,a tool box.paddock stands with the bike transport). my rear lasted 3 days,got pulled in the cue on my last day by kev healey.said the profile was gone & be ok but go steady so with this gremlin in my mind i swapped it for a soft rear.the front was ok.had instruction from maeso on last day (90 euro) worth every cent! great lines,when to power,why they use the lines in detail via drawing on a chalk board. then while under instruction my front moved like never before around the rights that finish the curcuit,it *hit the life out of me. i asked antonios advice on the tyre,he said it was melting on the side,over -heating.& said to do 3-4 laps only as it could go.i had about 2 hours tracktime left with no front tyre but another rear. so i took it steady untill my bike gave my gearbox selecting problems,false neutrals changing down,this happened a few times but did it changing up. lucky for me in our pits was the owner of ducati dublin,he knew what the problem & how to fix,some pin adjustment,a job for a dealer. he was on the same bike as me 749r with 700 miles no less when the head gasket had gone, to be fair the bike had a hard like,5 times down the road & looked like it had been in a combat zone! a tyre change chappie is on hand all 4 days,he has tyres for sale,in the main super corsa,& a tena was handed over for my loose rear wheel. maeso advised me to use as hard tyre as i could for jerez & not to quick turn,he said he had a set of top mitchelin tyres once & lapped 2 seconds faster than his fasted time (1m.51.) one the whole all tyres worked on jerez.just one rider fell off due to him not changing his front (day3),he knew it required a change but didnt for unknown reasons. kev healey stopped the track & gave us a chat on about looking after out tyres,each other etc. good advice untill HE went into the litter in front of me on a r1 (last turn)
Old 29-Apr-2006, 09:04
Big Twin

Mood: r
Quote:
Originally posted by deej
tyre wear would be interesting and also if there was a tyre changing facility available

did you need to know much spanish or can you get by with plain old english

daft questions maybe but it will help my decision on whether to go or not
english is the lingo everywhere,use finger for how many beers to get in