Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 28-Sep-2006, 13:38
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich-racing.co.uk
say we pay our £200, and 5 months on cannot fund a season, buy a bike etc. - we won't be able to race irrespective of joining the club. we would just be £200 worse off
would be good if a deposit would suffice - say £50 not refundable?

Then I'd say change your team name to 'Not-at-all-rich-racing.co.uk'

Sorry could...not......resist

I'll get my coat

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 28-Sep-2006, 13:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
say we pay our £200, and 5 months on cannot fund a season, buy a bike etc. - we won't be able to race irrespective of joining the club. we would just be £200 worse off
would be good if a deposit would suffice - say £50 not refundable?

TBH if you're gonna buy a bike the day before the meeting you may be waiting a little too long
Old 29-Sep-2006, 10:43
888 at Last !!!

Mood: make poverty history - cheaper Dukes now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
Then I'd say change your team name to 'Not-at-all-rich-racing.co.uk'

Sorry could...not......resist

I'll get my coat

my post was intended to be constructive. what is your post supposed to be?
Old 29-Sep-2006, 11:06
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
my post was intended to be constructive. what is your post supposed to be?

I found it funny
Come on mate, Jools' post was not that offending... Don't you guys call that "banter"?
Old 29-Sep-2006, 11:18
888 at Last !!!

Mood: make poverty history - cheaper Dukes now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
I found it funny
Come on mate, Jools' post was not that offending... Don't you guys call that "banter"?

I'm all for a bit of banter, but I keep it for people I know, and so know the context in which it will be taken.
Old 29-Sep-2006, 11:24
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Sorry, know I'm not involved with DD but I'm a bit confused as to what exactly the club commits to with New Era? is it just an idea of numbers or a commitment in financial terms like a trackday would be?

Bump, anyone?.......
Old 29-Sep-2006, 11:41
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Bump, anyone?.......

Sorry, missed that one earlier Michael.

It is more a case of New Era getting commitment from us to take grids at the meetings really. In any given season there are a number of possible new series likely to start up and require grids at the meetings. After this season we have it on good authority that there is likely to be a juggling of series to try and satisfy all who want to race. To that end it looks like being in our best interest to compete in both Superclub and Club level events which is why one of the questions on the 2006 rider survey asked if there was a preference from within our current riders.

ACU have just announced a new seies that they will be promoting where riders sign up to a deal which includes a gixer 600 for the season, they will have to race somewhere and I'm not sure if it will be at national, superclub or club level. Just an example of the sort of things that can happen

There is a big shuffle during the closed season every year and we want to ensure that we get grids allocated sooner rather than later. It's a business from the point of view of New Era and they have to commit to a big wedge of payment, far in excess of what we pay to hire a track for a track day for every race meeting they put on(weekends are obviously premiun rate and the additional staffing etc. adds to this).

Bottom line the sooner we get a good idea of takeup the better chance we have of negotiating the best options for our riders.

Hope this clarifies in some way, if not feel free to give me a call or email.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 29-Sep-2006, 11:44
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
The DSC club does not commit anything financially, is that the question.?

The commitment as I think Chris B explained, is where the DD riders, express intent and commitment by sending in a completed application form and a £200 cheque. Chris B or who ever, can then talk to New era from a position confidence with X amount of riders who have applied to race DD next year and completed a form and attached a cheque. As a supplier, New Era should be comforted knowing that there are actually a core of DD riders who have demonstrated an intent to race, not just sitting on the fence waiting for the best thing to come along...etc...

That's my view, I'm happy with the process, it's worked for the last two years?!
Old 29-Sep-2006, 11:53
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
The DSC club does not commit anything financially, is that the question.?

The commitment as I think Chris B explained, is where the DD riders, express intent and commitment by sending in a completed application form and a £200 cheque. Chris B or who ever, can then talk to New era from a position confidence with X amount of riders who have applied to race DD next year and completed a form and attached a cheque. As a supplier, New Era should be comforted knowing that there are actually a core of DD riders who have demonstrated an intent to race, not just sitting on the fence waiting for the best thing to come along...etc...

That's my view, I'm happy with the process, it's worked for the last two years?!

absolutely.......................it has worked so what is the issue.....i can understand concerns but i have not heard of anyone's cheque being cashed...........................

We all wanted the rules n regs sorted....now we have them ..lets get signed up.!
Old 29-Sep-2006, 11:55
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
So Chris b, how many forms have you got so far?