Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 03-Jul-2009, 16:09
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Rossi v Lorenzo

ok, so we've all seen one of the best ends to a race ever in spain recently. I wandered around youtube looking for it to show it to someone, when I stumbled across this version. I don't understand much of the language, except mama mia, bravo and incredibilo or something, but this is how to commentate - just shout at the screen, beats brit commentators hands down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ojRrxzxKk

There are others, like the one that sounds like Chinese or at least far eastern and the only word I understood was on the overtake where he goes from Chinese to saying 'oh my god', hilarious.

WeeJohnyB
Old 03-Jul-2009, 16:45
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
We were discussing a similar thing elsewhere when someone said "I didn't notice until half way through that the commentary wasn't in English!"

It seems that good commentary really is universal

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 03-Jul-2009, 17:10
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Let's face it...anything is better than the sycophantic rubbish we have to put up with on the Beeb, with Charlie Cox and Suzi Perry both going moist at the gussett over anything to do with Rossi.

Rossi is a legendary rider, we all know that without all the gush everytime he comes into camera shot. I remember one time when Rossi was stalking Stoner and Charlie Cox's commentary went something like "You're about to be eaten up and spat out by the master little boy", sure enough Rossi took Stoner in the next few corners to the raving approval of the commentary box, only to be immediately retaken by Stoner who then fecked off to win the race....Even Steve Parrish gets drawn into the hero worship although you can tell he's more realistic, and you can hear the resignation in his voice as cox burbles on.

That Jonathan wossisname that does the SBKTV commentary is just as bad over Ben Spies....

I bet they all support Man U as well

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 03-Jul-2009, 23:24
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
lol@Jools

It's one of the reasons I only watch MotoGP on Eurosport

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit