Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:17
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
I don't know if it's depressing, I just think some riders should choose their rides better.

For example, where would Chris Walker be now if he'd chosen to ride for Suzuki in WSB instead of the Shell Honda in GPs?

I'd like to know what Leon Camier is doing next year...
Old 20-Oct-2005, 17:30
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan
Karl Harris is in the factory Honda BSB team next year, so it's worked for him.

Its worked for him in that after wining BSS a few years later he gets a top ride in BSB still doesn't mean he will get anywhere on the world stage. Rutter was also a factory BSB rider this year and last so where is he next year WSB ? or Moto GP what was his reward for being one of the top Brits in one of the most respected domestic series in the world.

Chris Walker has had some good rides over the years, made a few wrong choices and is on a underdog of a bike this year, but his riding is doing the talking as did Corsers when he was on the Petronas. Team managers know what they are looking for when it comes to hiring riders and there arn't to many Brits on the world stage in top teams next year and even in BSB the Brits played second fiddle to foreign riders.
I'm certainly not going to condem Craig Jones for giving it a go I would rather encourage him to get out there and show them what he has to offer.
Old 20-Oct-2005, 18:18
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
I think it's fair to say that there isn't a "cook book" approach to a successful career in racing, even if you have the best ability. Making the smart decision at the right time is not straighforward. Let's hope Craig made the right one. It would be great to see him succeed.
Old 20-Oct-2005, 18:57
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Maybe the money is good?? Maybe he likes his food, FPR were runners up in the WSBK food Championship.

On four wheels I grant you but the current F1 World Champ Fernando Alonso got a break at Minardi, a team nailed firmly to the back of the grid!

Can't think of something similar on two wheels though.

Talent can shine through on a ****e bike, given the right circumstances. A. Gobert on a Bimota in Aus anyone?

Ray

[Edited on 20-10-2005 by Ray]
Old 21-Oct-2005, 14:19
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Good luck to the lad. I'll cheer for him. He's got into a high profile championship at a time when there ain't enough seats for all the riders .
Old 21-Oct-2005, 16:01
Big Twin

True, but how many wanted that particular seat???
Old 21-Oct-2005, 20:14
WSB Hero

I think it's a great shame that foggy and his team get such a consistant slating. At least he has had the guts to see the project thru. It's not the teams fault that the rules changed to their disadvantage. What would people have wanted ? for them to throw the towell in and walk away?? With regard the riders, best of luck to them , they have all managed to take some scalps over the past few years. Lets not **** Jone's decision give him a chance. Who cares if they don't win races at least they are trying . AND i'm sure Craig will be giving it his best.
Old 22-Oct-2005, 00:57
Big Twin

Fair point, can't say I agree with you though. I think they should have thrown the towel in. Plus they're not really playing the game are they - how many FP1s have been sold to the public?
Old 22-Oct-2005, 09:56
WSB Hero

Well if you have invested a vast sum of money into developing a race bike, and you don't throw in the towell, there must be a reason. Who really cares if we have not been able to rush out and buy one, how many people will rush out and buy an FO6 next year. They obviosly satisfied the rules re the bike numbers otherwise the bike would not be there. SO SHOULD A CLUB RACER CONTINUE IF HE IF CONSTANTLY AT THE BACK OF THE FIELD??????

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit