Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 10-Jul-2003, 16:37
Bevel Head

Mood: Stressed as usual!
For my sins, I work in the insurance industry, not as a direct broker but asa virtual insurer. I envisiage that we could set up multiple deals with other brokers and underwriting agents all fronted through one ducati insurance portal. I have registered an internet name for this today - it will take two or three days for this to come up !

We would work out the benefits that members want - feedback please - and arrange for these to be built into all the policies:

For starters:

Riding other bikes extension as standard
breakdown recovery

Please let us know more.

You could also have a full benefits policy and a minimum benefits policy depending on the criteria if you wanted

I look forward to feedback to this idea and any areas you feel underwriters should take into account as standard.
Old 10-Jul-2003, 17:02
Big Twin

Being able to cover expensive bits like mag wheels and exhausts would be good!
Old 10-Jul-2003, 17:27
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
What a great idea.

Nice one Simon.
Old 10-Jul-2003, 17:41
Mille

Ducati sps
Do you know how the broker type systmes work? Do they get given standard pricings which they can then put a mark up on from the underwriters? If so, then presumably they then build their own pricing systems to generate quotes when people phone in?

It is possible that due to the comparatively low volumes that we would generate such systems would not be necessary and possibly a standard form on you're website could be completed and then we could send out e-mails to the various underwriters that we may have deals with?

I'm just not sure how we could actually make this work at the moment? I like the idea and could do a bit of research as I also work in the Insurance industry - I just need to get a better idea of the possible business model.
Old 10-Jul-2003, 17:50
Big Twin

Just got a letter saying I'm getting done for 40mph in a 30mph zone (on a dual f**kin carriageway )
My insurance is up for renewal in a few weeks, and I have a month to send the form back, so can I not mention anything to my insurers seeing as I dont actually have the points yet?
Old 10-Jul-2003, 17:56
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Carefull DJ as they do ask if you know of any inpending prosecutions.
Old 10-Jul-2003, 18:06
Bevel Head

Mood: Stressed as usual!
Damo748

Bike insurance is very very fragmented. Not at all like car insurance - because there is less of it. The trend is towards computerised quotes, but at the top end the rating structures are well out of line with the real world.

What happens - and it is very cyclical - is that as the rates go up, so smaller insurers decide to take a share - they do this by delegating authority to brokers by providing them with a rating matrix and some authority to make decisions. They also have referal teams which deal with bespoke quotes.

What I would envisiage is a model which brings together a number of hungry brokers and underwriters who want to write this type of insurance. It is actually attractive business as far as I can see as Ducati owners pay more for their bikes and look after them (!)

we'll look into the modifications and see what we can do
Old 10-Jul-2003, 18:09
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Murray Mint
Carefull DJ as they do ask if you know of any inpending prosecutions.

Hmmm, what if the letter "got lost in the post"?

I cant beleive it, no speed limit signs, and it was a dual carriageway! How unfair is that!
Still it was worth it
Old 11-Jul-2003, 10:52
Montjuic

Mood: Tinckering and Grazing Knuckle
Superb stuff.. looks like this might even go somewhere! (Not so good news about the speeding... I lost my liscence because of doing 47 on a Dual carriageway, which turned out to be a 30... well pi55ed off
Old 11-Jul-2003, 14:56
Mille

Just a quick thought, does anyone here know who underwrites the current Ducati Insurance scheme?

I know that it is a broker that fronts it all and deals with most things but if we could possibly deal with the underwiter direct it would make things easier. The other option might be to talk to Ducati UK and get buy in from them, hopefully they wouldn't dismiss the idea saying that they have already provided a scheme (albeit one that has a middle man and who would be milking their share).

We need a project manager to run this!!!