Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 28-Feb-2005, 19:54
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Being a pleb with no satellite or cable, I've only just managed to watch the recording I made of C4's highlights, and I will make no predictions, cos I'm not much good at following riders form.

I did think that the Dukes went well, Laconi on the podium in both races can't be bad and Toseland put in a steady performance and a few brave passes despite the practise highside that left him battered. The Suzukis are very quick, and look like favourites, but wasn't this the year when the fours were set to stomp on the twins with a big horsepower advantage? I expected the fours to come sailing past, especially on a circuit with a 1 kilometre straight, but the Dukes held up very well, Laconi was only losing out a little bit to the Suzukis down there and made up for it a couple of times with huge drive out od corners.

Get on some more twisty circuits and the 999 looks better balanced this year. Could be closer than many people think
Old 28-Feb-2005, 20:49
Big Twin

Mood: happy
Dibble. I think your just sending me up the garden path
Old 28-Feb-2005, 22:19
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by ziggi
What's happened to Ben Bostrum - i know he crashed but i didn't even see a shot of him all day.

Appaling day for FP1 as well I don't see them getting anywhere this year as much as I'd like to see them mixing with the top. I'm wondering whether it's cheaper for Petronas to just stay in the championship as it's cheaper advertising even if they do badly -or- FP1 will fold after this season.

I think that if James & Regis don't get in the top 4 at Valencia testing then Suzuki will walk away with the title. If Corser can keep his cool and focus, then he will win, but if Yuki stays consistent then it will be very close.

But, i'm going to stick with James for the title! The extra pressure will make him stronger.

Bostrom.... new team, with a new bike, which have just moved their entire operation, zero testing...

pretty much the top and bottom of it.
Old 28-Feb-2005, 22:37
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Anyone thinks the FP1 is going to survive past this year? If you look at the laptimes the 600s are faster even! I feel sorry for McCoy and Martin. It isn't going to their careers any wonders, is it?

Ducati will have a real fight on their hands, probably the first time in quite a while. That's OK by me, not because I want to see them beaten, but maybe it'll bring a V4 into WSBK! Bring it on!

As for the title, I am going with Laconi. Plenty fast (consistantly) and he won't throw away the title like last season.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit