Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 31-Oct-2004, 20:35
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Another season over

Well I watched the MotoGP this afternoon, then went upstairs and emptied out all my race bags and tidied everything up and put it all away for next season. WeeMrsB is pleased as it's been in a heap in the bedroom for the past six months.

What am I going to do all winter? I still get on the bike everyday to commute to London and I still do CBT every Saturday. Hopefully I'll get out on the odd BHC rideout as well.

Otherwise, it's countdown 'till Jerez time on Jan 26 for 4 days. Need to find a bike first, although the CB5 would be a laugh on some bits, it would be seriously left behind as it's a fast circuit and the boys who go there are proper quick.

So, projects for the winter....find a CBR600rr and restore the CB5 to what it looked and ran like at the start of the season.

What are you all up to?

WeeJohnyB
Old 31-Oct-2004, 21:14
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
well I shall be mostly standing in a muddy field shouting support to my 6 year old; kids football. Inbetween doing that I shall be trying to take a numptystrada apart, cleaning my nooks and cranies (dirtiest bike ever), getting the real Ducati sound out. Ummmm better get some racing DVD's at the NEC me thinks.
Old 31-Oct-2004, 21:47
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I do fancy Jerez on Jan 26th and if the Desmo Due doesn't go ahead, I'm up for Spain - I reckon I could persuade Jon to go too.

It'd be a good start to the trackday year with some quality setup time for the ZX.

Tim
Old 31-Oct-2004, 23:30
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
I do fancy Jerez on Jan 26th and if the Desmo Due doesn't go ahead, I'm up for Spain - I reckon I could persuade Jon to go too.

It'd be a good start to the trackday year with some quality setup time for the ZX.

Tim

I was going to book this a week or so ago and decided to wait until I know what is going on with Desmo Due and what feeling I get for how my contract is going to pan out - it currently expires on Dec 31 and the major project I've been working on will have finished the phase I was working in.

If all things pan out then I'll head over there to be everyone's backmarker.
Old 01-Nov-2004, 18:17
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Hmm,season never really ends for me.
I managed to get out for a ride on the 999 on the last day before the tax ran out.Now its Multistuka time.Hopefully meet up with a few of the BHC lads for a brekky and a rideout or two over the winter.Should (fingers crossed) be moving house soon,so that may scupper a few weekends.
Old 01-Nov-2004, 18:23
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Hmm,season never really ends for me.
I managed to get out for a ride on the 999 on the last day before the tax ran out.Now its Multistuka time.Hopefully meet up with a few of the BHC lads for a brekky and a rideout or two over the winter.Should (fingers crossed) be moving house soon,so that may scupper a few weekends.

Are you putting the 999 on a SORN for the Winter then? I got caught out with this last year on the SPS. I had in fact sold it, but was hit for the month that it wasn't taxed (before she was sold), and they fined me some 4 months after it was sold!!!

Bugga!!!
Old 01-Nov-2004, 20:08
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
- I reckon I could persuade Jon to go too.

Tim [/quote]

Tim it wouldn't take a lot to pursuade me, trouble is with the offs I've had this year and the additional money I've spent on the bike. I promised Judy I wouldn't do any foriegn trips till March onwards. I can remember early this year when WJB made that posting from Jerez and thinking, that lucky son of a

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by Jon]
Old 01-Nov-2004, 21:49
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler

Are you putting the 999 on a SORN for the Winter then? I got caught out with this last year on the SPS. I had in fact sold it, but was hit for the month that it wasn't taxed (before she was sold), and they fined me some 4 months after it was sold!!!

Bugga!!!
Yep,took the SORN notice in to the PO the other day.In fact the bike probably wont get taxed again as Ive put my name down for an '05 999.Somewhere around March.
Italia rang me today to say they had one in stock,.......and sold it already!
Old 01-Nov-2004, 22:25
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
- I reckon I could persuade Jon to go too.

Tim

Tim it wouldn't take a lot to pursuade me, trouble is with the offs I've had this year and the additional money I've spent on the bike. I promised Judy I wouldn't do any foriegn trips till March onwards. I can remember early this year when WJB made that posting from Jerez and thinking, that lucky son of a

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by Jon] [/quote]

But Spain isn't really Foreign you know!!! Its only a few miles away and they all speak English, so its like going to the "very" South coast.

I'll have a word with Jude if you like!!!

Tim
Old 01-Nov-2004, 23:48
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
I'd wait until I've fitted the new kitchen, she might be a bit more approachable by then

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit