Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Jul-2006, 16:26
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
As I recall, when I looked at it, the pivot seemed to be central vertically and measured the same from all pivots as the std non-adjustable one....

If you want I'll try and get up in the loft tonight and re-check?

But when I fit it, it will be in conjunction with setting the sag, pre-load and getting the steering-head angle correct, so g8d only knows what the actual setting will be....
If all the above isn't done then all it is is a bit of pointless bling..........IMHO of course

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 13-Jul-2006, 16:36
Ducati Corse

I have reset it back to the 3 o'clock position and i am far happier on the bike.It doesn't turn as quick,but feels alot more stable in slower corners.I'm not a racer and don't need racer type ultra quick turning.Paynep,i would still like to know where yours is set ,if it's not too much hassle.
Old 13-Jul-2006, 22:15
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Mine has the pivot adjacent to the locating bolt, or 5 notches clockwise from your pic. Like I said, I'm pretty sure that this gave the same dimensions as the std linkage, but I stand to be corrected.......

HTH Paul

Maybe I'll bung mine on to see how it feels and how the sag etc measures up, but I was saving it for the winter when its all going to be in bits anyway.....

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 13-Jul-2006, 22:43
Ducati Corse

That position is where i had move it to.That is as radical as it gets.I didn't like it,too quick turning for me.Of course it depends on how much ride height you have on the u-loop as well!!
Old 14-Jul-2006, 09:35
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
Jasper, rotate your's by one click anti-clockwise and that's where mine is sitting. Pm'd you about reference pics, bottom of steer tube to centre of front wheel spindle is 475mm.
cheers

Neil