Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-May-2005, 17:50
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : TP
Tonio - what are you doing out there mate?? Did you drop your wallet?

[img=600x450]http://82.70.86.166/handk/images/bikes/dd_cadwell_20050501/race_2/100_0920a.jpg[/img]

[Edited on 4-5-2005 by TP]

Ho God... exactly what I thought... I need to find some shortest path on the track
Old 04-May-2005, 18:30
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
The commentry on this thread is having me in stitches!

Some great shots there Henry... hopefully you won't get opportunities like that at CC
Old 05-May-2005, 16:53
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
The two coming into the corner appear completely oblivious to the fact there's a guy on the deck tangled up with his bike, neither seem to be making any effort to go wide to avoid him.

Saying that if they did they'd probably end up in the highside incident just round the corner, it's a bit like it's a knockout

He'd literally just done it - I'm number 12 in that shot and I was right next to him when it happened! I don't really know what happened to him but he had moved over to block me coming up the inside on the brakes so I went to go around him, next thing I know he's got a wobble and he's into the hairpin!

Everyone just coming up there were way late on the brakes on the inside trying the outbrake thing as well! It must have been hilarious to watch!

It all happened so fast - one minute there are 5 of us more or less in a row the next minute the guy next to the barrier falls - number 12 makes it - i'm between the falling bike and Mike on the Multi- thinking ...Err where do I go now? Just get around the bike - bloke -barrier- corner without putting Mike off too much and faced with sprawling black bike and rider and frantic flag waving - Blimey it was all go
Old 05-May-2005, 17:11
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996

Some great shots there Henry... hopefully you won't get opportunities like that at CC

Ta Nick. Actually I have no plans at the moment to go to Castle Combe .. where is it? In fact When is it?
Old 05-May-2005, 17:46
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by HW
Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996

Ta Nick. Actually I have no plans at the moment to go to Castle Combe .. where is it? In fact When is it?

OK ... answered my own question now. For some reason I thought CC was oop norf. It is actually not far from a mate's place down in Wiltshire (more possible "rent a mob"!)

I think we can safely say that we'll be there anyway.
Old 05-May-2005, 17:54
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
If you can come along and capture the essence of the action like you have then you are more than welcome!!

Well, you're more than welcome anyway of course (far be it from me to say you weren't) but you've taken some cracking shots that captured some of the funnier and hairy moments of the racing - you've been in the right place at the right time.

Hopefully you can keep it up.
Old 05-May-2005, 18:02
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
If you can come along and capture the essence of the action like you have then you are more than welcome!!

Well, you're more than welcome anyway of course (far be it from me to say you weren't) but you've taken some cracking shots that captured some of the funnier and hairy moments of the racing - you've been in the right place at the right time.

Hopefully you can keep it up.

I think that was more luck than judgement .. although I did abandon the rest of of group (family and mates) to go to the first hairpin. Glad I did.

Castle Combe looks like a fast circuit, not heard much about it probably due to there not really being track days there. I am not sure what the best position will be for viewing there.

I just posted a question about noise limits on a new thread because I am really just learning about this stuff.
Old 05-May-2005, 19:22
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by HW
I think that was more luck than judgement .. although I did abandon the rest of of group (family and mates) to go to the first hairpin. Glad I did.

I am not sure what the best position will be for viewing there.

Can you tell me where you'll be, and I'll do my best to avoid that area
Old 05-May-2005, 19:43
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by domskidue
Quote:
Originally posted by HW

I am not sure what the best position will be for viewing there.

Can you tell me where you'll be, and I'll do my best to avoid that area

NOPE :P