Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-May-2006, 23:00
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
Originally posted by domski
Why not set the 583's off first, say 30 seconds or so and then let the fast riders go - who ever wins, wins!

Like a handicapped type race.

Baggsy the zimmer frame :P

Shouldn't that be faster bikes Dummy:P

Nope :P

Old 17-May-2006, 23:00
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Yes I know I'm not a DD racer. But if I was to consider entering, going out and buying a bike,etc. I'd be put off due to the fact I might not get to ride due to the combined grid.

Exactly. You and how many others I wonder ?
Old 17-May-2006, 23:02
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Yes I know I'm not a DD racer. But if I was to consider entering, going out and buying a bike,etc. I'd be put off due to the fact I might not get to ride due to the combined grid.

jon, the way its going with a shedload of 583 guys moving up to 620 for next year its a great time to be planning to get a 583 for 2007 - the 620 grid will be full of veteran DD'ers and there will be heaps (wrong word?) of race ready 583s for newcomers....

PS my 583 will be for sale in October
Old 18-May-2006, 08:53
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Hopefully we will get a chance to put the lessons learnt this year into a better series next year. After all this is the first year of trying to run two classes and currently we attract to many entrants for one grid and not quite enough for two. Different circuits are allowed different amounts of starters and if we look more at the venues available and the number of grid slots we are likely to fit then it should be possible o put together a more suitable venue list for next year.
I see no reason not to run DD at Mallory and Pembrey as these venues are well suited to our machines and our numbers, sadly CC with its 44 places on the grid is not best suited to our current needs where as last year it was.
I think if we had a minimum of 25 and a maximum of 34 per class we could comfortably run 2 grids at many of the UK circuits especially at Club level race meetings after all we are a club series.
Old 18-May-2006, 08:56
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Hopefully we will get a chance to put the lessons learnt this year into a better series next year. After all this is the first year of trying to run two classes and currently we attract to many entrants for one grid and not quite enough for two. Different circuits are allowed different amounts of starters and if we look more at the venues available and the number of grid slots we are likely to fit then it should be possible o put together a more suitable venue list for next year.
I see no reason not to run DD at Mallory and Pembrey as these venues are well suited to our machines and our numbers, sadly CC with its 44 places on the grid is not best suited to our current needs where as last year it was.
I think if we had a minimum of 25 and a maximum of 34 per class we could comfortably run 2 grids at many of the UK circuits especially at Club level race meetings after all we are a club series.

It's great that you're a chosen Riders Rep mate... the series can only go from strength the strength with you on board.
Old 18-May-2006, 09:12
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by paynep
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon

jon, the way its going with a shedload of 583 guys moving up to 620 for next year its a great time to be planning to get a 583 for 2007 - the 620 grid will be full of veteran DD'ers and there will be heaps (wrong word?) of race ready 583s for newcomers....

Thats exactely my fear Paul. So many 620's and a combined grid means a lot of peeps won't get to race
Old 18-May-2006, 09:29
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon

Thats exactely my fear Paul. So many 620's and a combined grid means a lot of peeps won't get to race

the point is Jon,

If the DDers were putting enough bikes on for 2 seperate grids, the WOULD have 2 grids... it's simply because they are not filling enough spaces that NE are not giving them split grids.

the possibility of having too many for 2 grids i'd have to think is fairly unlikely.
Old 18-May-2006, 09:42
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon

the point is Jon,

If the DDers were putting enough bikes on for 2 seperate grids, the WOULD have 2 grids... it's simply because they are not filling enough spaces that NE are not giving them split grids.

the possibility of having too many for 2 grids i'd have to think is fairly unlikely.

So a few DD'ers are left out in the cold?
Old 18-May-2006, 09:49
Big Twin

how so ? they would fill 2 grids. I don't see them getting even close to 2 at the moment, so overfilling it wouldn't be likely.

if they get too many for 1 grid... then that's enough for 2

there's of course the possibility of an uneven split... say 40 x 620 and only 15 x 583 (for example) and the 620 would get their own grid and the 583's would be in with something like the CB500's who don't usually fill their grid.
Old 18-May-2006, 09:56
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
how so ? they would fill 2 grids. I don't see them getting even close to 2 at the moment, so overfilling it wouldn't be likely.

if they get too many for 1 grid... then that's enough for 2

there's of course the possibility of an uneven split... say 40 x 620 and only 15 x 583 (for example) and the 620 would get their own grid and the 583's would be in with something like the CB500's who don't usually fill their grid.

Thats ok, we have 83cc in hand that should be enough to whip em