Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Jan-2004, 11:59
Mille

standard footrests for 888 strada

I'm looking to get some standard footrests for my '94 strada as I only have rearsets at the moment which are non adjustable and excrutiating on the legs after a few miles!

The chances of me finding original parts are pretty limited so does anyone know if any other footrests are compatible i.e. 900ss etc?
Old 19-Jan-2004, 12:18
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Celeste, not sure I follow. The standard (stock) foot rests are non-adjustable. Do you have race sets, now? Are you looking for stock pegs or aftermarket adjustable ones?
Old 19-Jan-2004, 13:21
Mille

Felix

Not sure what's confusing about my first post but I'll try again

I have aftermarket rearsets which are non adjustable, they're set back much further than the standard footrests supplied by ducati and are uncomfortable for use on the road.

so I need a set of standard ducati footrests and I need to know if any other models will fit my bike as the chances of me finding an original set of 888 footrests are pretty remote.....is that clearer now?
Old 19-Jan-2004, 13:40
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

888 frame looks very different to my 93 900ss Celeste, mine are on brackets slung off the frame. Maybe adjustable aftermarket units might b the way to go to get a riding position for you?

Frank
Old 19-Jan-2004, 14:07
Mille

Hmmm even adjustable rearsets are too uncomfortable for me, had them on my 400 race bike and had to take them off in the end. I broke my left ankle very badly 3 years ago and I'm in agony after a while, the main reason for getting these is that I'm planning to do a lot of long distance riding this year, the TT, Assen etc

I suppose I could ring Ducati and get a price for new ones but after they quoted me £600 for a pair of new standard cans I think I'll be in for a shock!
Old 19-Jan-2004, 14:26
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Much clearer now. What can I say? It's Monday morning and I only just now got my first cup of coffee.

I think you'll struggle to find aftermarket sets that provide the same position as the standard ones. Many of these provide the "race" type position you already have. Official Ducati sets should be similar in price to a decent aftermarket set. You could try a breaker, like Bike Enders, or EBay for second hand Ducati sets.
Old 19-Jan-2004, 14:35
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix
Much clearer now. What can I say? It's Monday morning and I only just now got my first cup of coffee.

I think you'll struggle to find aftermarket sets that provide the same position as the standard ones. Many of these provide the "race" type position you already have. Official Ducati sets should be similar in price to a decent aftermarket set. You could try a breaker, like Bike Enders, or EBay for second hand Ducati sets.

That's alright mate I've been working since 6.30am and I've had several cups of coffee and I'm still blurry! lol

I do keep an eye on Ebay and scour the small ads in bikemart but I'll try Ducati as well for a laugh!
Old 19-Jan-2004, 18:44
Montjuic

Mood: Sweet!!
Celeste,
From previous posts here I do believe that the 900SS one fit. Certainly the 900SS one fit an SP4 - might be something to check.
If so I've got some in good nick from my SS I sold on Sat if your interested...........
Old 19-Jan-2004, 21:11
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Celeste..900/750/600 sss are the same. Some are black and some silver but there all the same. There are some adjustable lucas rearsets (which I have on mine) on the german ebay site at the minute...I didnt notice much difference so they may be worth punt.

The std SS ones come up quite often on ebay I notice.

Best o' luck mate !!

nat
Old 19-Jan-2004, 23:04
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Celeste,

Wana swap for my standard pegs and see how you get on? If you like em we can make a more permanant arrangement.

Regards,

Rob