Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 28-Apr-2009, 01:08
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
I've also got a feeling that once Mr Spies bad luck leaves he'll dominate WSB, he just looks sooo much more confident than anyone else.

AB

Whilst I agree that Ben is showing the way, I think that he is over confident in his tyres, he is used to more grip etc, the Pireli is good, just not as good as what he has been used to.

Oh, and the WSS race had to be the race of the year so far.

Chris
Old 28-Apr-2009, 01:13
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
.......Can't spealk about WSS cos I aint got Sky

Its worth getting for the WSS alone!! - Crutchlow looks up for the championship and he's the one to beat. The WSB action is great too, Haslam's doing really well, and Haga is staying on!!! - Ben's Pies is pushing very hard and falling off.

Great that Haslam is battling at the front as a privateer, otherwise it would be just a Haga / Spies show, just needs a few more to start pushing at the front too, Neukerchner / Rea / Sykes / Biaggi etc....

MotoGP is less interesting, but great to see the Hayate doing well and Lorenzo winning. Just needs more bikes out there.

F1 still leaves me a bit cold, as stated by others, too much is decided in the court room / pits and the races are too long too. The 2 races per meeting idea seems a good one. Its too much about the cars though, seems a good driver in a great car will beat a great driver in a good car..... or is Hamilton really just a good driver????
Old 04-May-2009, 01:44
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Not sure about F1 versus MotoGP but the 125 and 250 races today were bleedin awsome!!!!!

Not sure that substituting 600cc 4 strokes for the 250 class will be as much fun although the Supersport races at WSB are often great.

Wonder if the 600's that will run with MotoGP will be reasonably unrestricted design wise? If so it could bring about some interesting innovations that might find their way onto 600 road bikes?

Nice to see Mr. Button doing well though innit

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 04-May-2009, 12:58
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
Not sure about F1 versus MotoGP but the 125 and 250 races today were bleedin awsome!!!!!

Not sure that substituting 600cc 4 strokes for the 250 class will be as much fun although the Supersport races at WSB are often great.

Wonder if the 600's that will run with MotoGP will be reasonably unrestricted design wise? If so it could bring about some interesting innovations that might find their way onto 600 road bikes?

Nice to see Mr. Button doing well though innit

Engine supplier will be Honda, and the stated aim is to use a 'standard production' engine-so I expect they will be supersport type tune-which will mean about 145bhp. This should give them roughly similar performance to the existing 250's which currently have about 110bhp, but of course weigh less than the new bikes will as the engines are so much lighter. As I and WJB know the 250's are real purist's bikes, you have to be absolutely on the button with them otherwise you are down the pan-I suspect the new 600's will be easier to ride-rather like the 990's compared to the 500's-which will possibly make the racing closer but won't allow the real stars to shine so brightly.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 04-May-2009, 14:33
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
Not sure about F1 versus MotoGP

I am on the races we've seen so far, since all the MotoGP races have been pretty dull.

In Sunday's race, you know something is wrong with the format when the front four look to be in a race of their own and even they finish with over a second between them.

Despite the attempts of the commentators to big the event up and blather on about it being 'incredible' racing, you're even further convinced that something is wrong when the 'highlights' consist of Stoner and Rossi trading places, Rossi going past Pedrosa, the little De Angelis moment and of course Jorge washing the front...that was about it wasn't it?

More action going on in mid pack

I reckon it's got to be the tyres, with some teams and riders getting their heads around the new tyre rules quicker than others. Hopefully, other teams should start to be able to make up the gap or we're in for a bit of a yawnfest this year.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit