Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Jul-2006, 22:52
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
No - the group size was reasonable - it was simply a high percentage of ****s on track who came to a corner and panic braked to stop in the middle of the corner - typical right-hand-muscles-bigger-than-brains syndrome
Old 20-Jul-2006, 23:02
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
Oh, thats allright then i'll just go round the obstacles.
Old 20-Jul-2006, 23:39
Ducati Meccanica

Thats in the kitty-litter in the middle of the corner, not on the black stuff mind, that would be too reasonable of them.
The first bloke (polite term for young know-nothing-tw@t) to do it, in the very first session, was in the garage next to me, and he was banging on about how slow he was going and not understanding how he got there
Old 21-Jul-2006, 02:09
Dibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_h
We recently did Brands Gp with them, and that takes me to 4 with them I think.
Up to the last one I would have recommended them ... but Brands GP brings out all kinds of people who dont do many tds, and they put themselves in all of the groups.
The upshot is chaos - virtually every session was red flagged.
Almost no-one was moved - except sue who was in the inters trying to get away from the dicks that cant do corners in the slow group.
I was in the fast group (as I usually do) with the 620 and although I was by far the slowest bike in the group I was nowhere near the slowest in the corners.
There was full-on race-behaviour in the fast group which was not penalised, and I was almost taken out twice mid-corner - only my racing experience kept me on the track.
At the lunch break they called another briefing and he started ranting about the poor riding which prob made him feel better, but just made the 'bad-boys' laugh.

So, I would _not_ recommend Brands GP because of that.
I would recommend FE if it the riding group people are ok, but they just dont know how to cope with the dicks.

Its not just the GP, I did Brands Indy with them about 8 weeks back and all the above were true .... including the pretend bollocking after which nothing changes ...
Old 21-Jul-2006, 08:44
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
I'm struggling to see how you can knock a TDO for that incompetence of the people who turn up for one of their days.... Each and every one has a bike license and leathers which are the only prerequisits.....

How's that FE or any other TDO's fault ?
Old 21-Jul-2006, 10:14
Ducati Meccanica

the point is that he bangs on about safe riding and penalising people who dont ride safely, and lets all look after each other, and black flag this and that and then ends up actually doing nothing except banging on again in a louder voice with more expletives at lunchtime
Old 21-Jul-2006, 10:33
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Icompetance and disrespectful riding are two different things. The former is outside of the organisers control other than moving someone down a group to match their actual ability rather than the riders own perception of it, the latter is up to them to police.

If someone's riding is putting other riders in danger it is up to the TDO to sort it. It's no good rattling on about riding standards/disrespectful riding at the briefing unless as a TDO you are prepared to do something about it.

I agree 100% that the organisers are in the lap of the gods as to who turns up on their days but surely their job is to try and ensure that a safe and enjoyable day is the end result for the paying customers that turn up.

Ray.
Old 21-Jul-2006, 10:38
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_h
the point is that he bangs on about safe riding and penalising people who dont ride safely, and lets all look after each other, and black flag this and that and then ends up actually doing nothing except banging on again in a louder voice with more expletives at lunchtime

SO person XYZ comes ranting on a message board instead of going to the organisers on the day and stating, "rider XYZ is riding dangerously"..

Unless they are spotted by a marshal doing an overtake, how can the TDO do anythign really ?

You can't kick someone off a TD because "i felt they were riding badly"...

their reply was " that idiot on the ***** was all over the road".

Who gets booted off ? You or them ?
Old 21-Jul-2006, 11:07
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I agree with steve its not the tdo fault if such types turn up, but it is down to the to Police it based on the clients views. I found that one of the ways to avoid such persons is to do the quiet days! The johnny Shyetheads seem to avoid these.

I did Donongton National on Mon and there were no reds and only a couple of yellow flags, and everyone seemed reasonable and polite!
Old 21-Jul-2006, 11:11
Big Twin

Hard to police to Andy.... you have 40 bikes, 10 corners... and half a dozen straights.... how can you watch all the riders all the time ?

if you have a muppet out there, he may make 3 bad moves per session.... the odds of any of them 3 being picked up have to be fairly remote...

People are very quick to jump on the bandwagon here, try marshalling/instructing an event and see how easy it is first guys....