Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 27-Sep-2005, 14:47
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
3UpRacing - the year in review

If there ever was an appropriate phrase to summarise our season, it has to be "in racing, the lows are very low and the highs simply fantastic". I'm sure this applies to most racers though.

This has been our first full season of racing and also as a 3 man team. Our plan at the start of the season was to foremost enjoy it as much as we can, contribute a reasonable level of professionalism to the race club, and make a proper attempt at winning the newcomers championship for the Thunderbikes with Derby-Phoenix.

Our season preparations were great fun with lots of "secret meetings" in pubs required, deciding on team name and livery, etc., etc. Many of the picture can be found in older post and on Guy's website. Everyone at 3UpRacing must extend our special thanks to Guy's excellent and tireless work: Many, many thanks for capturing some special memories, Guy.

The season's racing had some great moments but also a few crashes. The worst ones for each of us were my highside at Chris curve at Cadwell (oil on rear tyre), Nick C getting spat off on the start-finish straight at Cadwell in the rain (at about 145 MPH), and Nick B's highside as Devil's elbow at Mallory. Nick B was the only one to require any kind of medical attention with a trip to Leicester hospital for a punctured lung and a few broken ribs. All the other, we walked away with a few cuts and bruises.

One positive side, we collected plenty of silverware with the highlight being a sweep of the newcomers podium at Donington. I think we probably thought we could walk on water at that point.

Unfortunately, the theft of my bike put a premature end to my racing season, but my team mates were only prevented by one man to reach the top two places in the final championship standings. As it was, the team finished second and third. A result we are certainly very pleased with. Chris Mathews, the newcomers champion, was so far ahead that he won the races outright more than once. As another saying in racing goes: There will be always someone faster than you.

So there you have it. What a fabulous year of fantastic fun. Oh, and I have no idea what it cost.
Old 27-Sep-2005, 14:56
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Nice one Felix - was there any news on your bike?
What are you up to next year? And on what?

Tim
Old 27-Sep-2005, 15:16
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Tim, no news, plans for next year are still in the formative stages. Wouldn't be surprised to be on the same grid a few times next year.
Old 27-Sep-2005, 15:18
Dibble

pah, it took you all season for that .... Lily did most of that in just one round ...

only jesting mate, nice write up, good thing you all walked away from your skirmishes, still gutted for you about the bike theft though ....

good luck for next season Felix ....
Old 27-Sep-2005, 15:56
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Really hope your bike turns up Felix. Good write up.

[Edited on 27-9-2005 by yeti]
Old 29-Sep-2005, 22:27
Mille

Mood: Up For It!
Hi Felix,

Be good to catch up and have a chat about plans for next year etc.

I can't find your no. but if you u2u me I'll give you a shout.

Regards,
Garry.
Old 29-Sep-2005, 23:30
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Nice one Felix, good to see your are still smiling!

Hoping next year is better though, for you at least!
Old 30-Sep-2005, 00:24
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Nice one Felix,

Enjoyed the exploits this year and capturing a few of them on disk for you chaps. That photoshoot in the car park of the industrial estate seems only like yesterday.

Loved the meet in the pub and the 'Fish was this big' tales.....

Hope to be there with you all next year.

Spk soon for that pint..

Gc

PS. Took me another 90 mins to get out of Donny on Sunday after I spoke to you. Looked longingly for you & Sami in every pub I passed but figured you'd be well on your way up No-oerth by then. Good ole Donington traffic mis-management

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit