Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Jun-2003, 12:31
Bevel Head

WSB style bellypan

Since my little "off" I have been thinking about fitting a WSB style long bellypan to the bike.

question is how much fitting is required, as I know that the fairing lowers would need cutting to match the bellypan

Anyone got any advice - is it better to fit new lowers at the same time, also do you need to modify the V piece as it appears the WSB bellypan has 3 fixings along the side, and one of them goes onto the V piece

all advice gratefully recieved - also anyone got a WSB unit for sale ?

JB748
Old 03-Jun-2003, 12:38
Mille

Mood: Pensive
Why not just buy a good-quality race fairing complete with belly-pan? You could probably pay for it just by selling your standard fairing panels.

ARD Racing in Newcastle do fantastic self-coloured ones (no painting required, and don't look as bad when scraped down the road/track - I can vouch for that - ahem!).

Their carbon stuff is only marginally more expensive, but is manufactured for weight saving, rather than cosmetics.

Perhaps you could even go for red sides with a carbon belly pan for that WSB look.

Don't know if you're aware, but the belly pans need to hold at least the contents of the sump, in case the engine lets go in a race. You also need to be aware of the need to remove the drain plugs when it rains, or you can end up with 5 litres of water being washed under your rear tyre as you tip it into a bend!

If you need to resort to a full kit, they do nose cones and seat units with the white number boards also self-coloured.

ARD are available on 0191 261 4579. I usually deal with Jack or Steve.

HTH