Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Oct-2011, 18:03
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

Clutch push rod

I'm having problems on my new bike an 800ss it's been stood for 3 years and I am currently going over it refreshing bits and pieces.

The clutch won't engage, it looks like the push rod in the master is stuck in or out bit it won't budge does this mean the master is fecked or can I strip it?

The other issue is I removed the slave from the side of the bike and the main pushrod that goes through the engine to the clutch itself has seated itself flush with the engine casing...is this correct? shouldn't some of it stick out?either way I can get at the rod to seat it into the slave. Do I now need to take the clutch basket out?
Old 24-Oct-2011, 19:00
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Yes it should stick out into the slave, I'm suprised it can travel far enough in to be flush, I would be having the clutch cover off and checking all was oK with the clutch, shouldn't need to remove the basket but possibly the clutch centre

If it was just stuck with a bit protruding I would be pulling the pushrod out and replaceing the two O-rings on it as they harden over time especially if not used

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook