Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Mar-2005, 22:33
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
CADWELL! Saturday 12th March

Had an ace day Saturday even in the sub zero temeratures!!!!

Went to Cadwell in the company of "Throttlemonkey" guys, excellent price for the day £85 even if it was freezing!
Ok! Turns up at just after 7.40am to look for Yella and Rocket who promised to help me get my bike off the borrowed van and prep the bike,who are no where to be seen.!
I gave yella a bell who says "be there in 15 mins...look for kingy he's in a white Merc sprinter van!"...Errrrrrrr .White Van. At a track day. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I start unstrapping the bike and some kind gentleman asks me if I need a hand getting the Duke off the van. Of course as those two Muppets hadn't arrived yet I heartily say "yes"!
Eventually Mr and Mrs rocket arrive as does yella and I am introduced to Kingy, Flamin bill, TLanorak, mike... All from the site (sorry if I forgot to mention anyone else)
After briefing, where my listening skills were rudely interupted by some chubby geezer and a sixteen year old pratting about with a fly (Yella and Rocket) we were back up to paddock to get sorted before the first sighting laps.
Of course, after track time was held up whilst the cadwell staff Defrosted the track, we amazingly ended up on track only short of about half an hour.
Just as we were just about on someone notices my sticker says Inters instead of Novice! So, I run down to let the organisers know. They tell me to just do the sighting laps with Novice which I did. However because I didn't listen at briefing I get off the track after sighting but instead of getting straight back on I go back to paddock. "You should have listened to the briefing" says a wise Yella! "you're missing track time!".
I bomb down to the pits and the organisers then tell me to go back on with INTERS! So I do the sighting again and then get straight back on in inters, where to my astonishment I stayed not feeling out of depth at all even when some were dangerously passing within a gnats whisker!
I felt great, but just a bit "Novicy" with body position. so I grabbed an Instructor (No Smut You lot!) who followed me round watched me and gave me some pointers about lines and body position.
I went back into the next inters session feeling a bit "learned" but not quick enough.
So dropped back into novice.
With a bit of "bum off the seat" I found I was getting around the corners much safer and without that "OH POO!" feeling when you think you can't make it.
AND passing people...That made me feel EXCELLENT knowing that some of those guys were older and more experienced riders and I was leaving them!
(Am I supposed to feel that good about that???? Not very sportsmanly is it!? )
I think that I really learned alot Yesterday, and my diablos were fantastic and gave me stacks more confidence with the handling.
The mountain was not as scary as I remembered last time in fact I think that the front end was up perhaps a bit more than the 2 milimetres it was before
All in all it was an excellent day even when Nelly turned up to check on his van and take the pee out of Yella!
AND I also got to meet Mrs Rocket!...go for it!... get that CBT done, your direct access then you can come out with me on the R1!
More track time, More track time, More track time, More track time!!!!
Old 14-Mar-2005, 23:50
Mille
Bikes: Monster S4R & 749S

Mood: Mellow Yellow
Great commentary Lisa. Makes me feel like I shoulda been there - if nothing else than to see; 1. You embarrassing the track-ready die hards in the inters, and 2. Nelly checking up on his van (as if you would do anything to harm her).

Can't wait to get out on track, Snetterton will be all new to me but particularly Cadwell again - just hope the weather is warmer than on Saturday and it doesn't rain like every time I went last year!

Think I need a set of Diablo Corsa's too
Old 15-Mar-2005, 00:42
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Good on yer Lisa,

Looks like you had a great day! Your makin me jealous now as I was 'swimming my heart out' against all the 14yr olds (and gettin beat).

Hopefully try to get to Donni this weekend.

Andy
Old 15-Mar-2005, 00:53
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Nice recap of your day Lisa, glad you enjoyed it, can't say the same for my old 748 that managed to stay upright all last year. Give Old Yella a few pointers about riding within your own limits even when you are forced in to moving up a group.

Kev
Old 15-Mar-2005, 01:02
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Nice one Lisa.

Will have to try and meet up at some point. How do you fancy Silverstone on 17th April? its a sunday and good price so no time of school

gwwwaaannnnn gwan gwan
Old 15-Mar-2005, 17:50
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Stop it Lil!...:P
Love to but not sure my finances will stretch that far...the kids need shoes you know!

You could always cut up the tyres you just took off and stick them
to their old shoes!...Set a new trend!

Oh! shut up rodent...dont put ideas into my head..........................
"KIDS!...MUMMY WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!!!!!!":P
Old 15-Mar-2005, 18:01
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Nice write up Lisa and yes you are supposed to feel that good
Old 15-Mar-2005, 18:19
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by kwikbitch
You could always cut up the tyres you just took off and stick them
to their old shoes!...Set a new trend!

Oh! shut up rodent...dont put ideas into my head..........................
"KIDS!...MUMMY WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!!!!!!":P

Oi !
Old 15-Mar-2005, 22:09
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Well done Lisa. Sounds like you had a fantastic day. Which trackday company did you go with?

I'm starting in Inters on Good Friday, having decided to bite the bullet after all of last season in Novice. It sounds manageable, from your report, so I'm feeling less nervous about it now. Hope to see you on a trackday soon.