Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Mar-2005, 17:08
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Multi I like you may well be riding a close to stock bike at Cadwell, its going to be 583cc any how, but should have Dynojet kit, K&N and a Race silencer. Aeroquip front hose, 916 Master cylinder and a cast floating disc.
At the moment I haven't heard the engine in it run, neither have I riddwn the bike not even a meter.
I hope to fit a 916 fairing but if time doesnt allow I will get a centre fairing and undertray from Brancatto Eng. I haven't got tyres, gearing etc yet.
I will be happy to turn up at Cadwell on April the 30th for the get together and photo shoot with a bike to race the following day.
i'm not off to any of our race circuits for trackdays in advance of racing there as the budget doesn't allow. If I am really lucky I will get a chance to ride the bike at Llandow where I am acting as a instructor on my mates trackday where he has booked the circuit on April 14th.
Not even sure if I can make the launch in London next weekend as like last night I may be having to do a night shift to help try and keep the company solvent.
Lack of finance at the moment is a factor in what I do as is keeping to a reasonable budget which will be posted as my Desmo Due project nears completion. Bike with spares has to be on the grid for less than £2k with £300 tyre budget and and £1k for race entries and race fuel any more than that and my Jap 600 IL4 is coming out to race.
Old 13-Mar-2005, 10:13
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
Thanks everyone for the offers of help and encouragement. I will have to assess the situation when I fly back to the UK on the 24th. I will fly back out on the 30th which gives me a few days to take stock of things. I should be able to get the engine out and hopefully take it somewhere for the big bore kit fitting. Could anyone recommend someone to fit it, I am in the Southampton area. What does it cost to have the kit fitted assuming the engine is out of the bike and clean ready for fitting? Has anyone fitted s tearing damper? I was looking to fit a sprint? But they don’t list a fitting kit for the 600SS I think the RS250 kit should fit, any thoughts as I could get that ordered.
Old 13-Mar-2005, 10:46
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Here are a couple of places in Southampton, Gary was helping us with the setup of Dallas ZX10R at Pembrey two weeks ago, I know him through North Glos race club where he has raced for years thats also the same club where I met the twins Nick and Chris who setup Double take.
Failing that my mate Jim that I raced with for years lives in Southampton and works in a bikeshop in Twyford may be able to help.

As for a steering damper I'm not to worried about having one for the first round at Cadwells Woodlands circuit but hope to have one in place for Castle "Bumpy" Combe

http://www.garyteaguetuning.co.uk/
http://www.doubletakedyno.freeserve.co.uk/

Kev
Old 13-Mar-2005, 17:06
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
I'm hoping to have a crack at Donington sometime in April as I've never ridden there before. This will also help me shake the bike down as it's still not in one piece either!

Hang in there, I'm sure it will all work out.

Not going to make Brands Indy on the 25th then?

You're such a clown!
Old 13-Mar-2005, 18:09
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
I'm hoping to have a crack at Donington sometime in April as I've never ridden there before. This will also help me shake the bike down as it's still not in one piece either!

Hang in there, I'm sure it will all work out.

Not going to make Brands Indy on the 25th then?

You're such a clown!

Eh? Have I missed something?

Why would you need a shakedown in April if you've already had one in March?

Or am I confused about something ...
Old 13-Mar-2005, 22:34
Mille

you're kind of not alone. picked up my 620S yesterday and ripped all the street stuff off it today. now the fun starts 'cos as far s i can see NO ONE does race bodywork for the wee beastie which means custom fitting stuff intended for something else. i'd like to fit rearsets but no one does those either, or crash bobbins.

as we are all ACU licence holders now don't forget that Mallory Park is open for bike testing on Wednesday afernoons - and it's a lot cheaper than a half day trackdays.