Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Jul-2013, 16:43
Mille
Bikes: DD class B, Street Triple, Tiger 1050

Cadwell :-)

What can I say, a fantastic weekend spent with some great people, topped off with two podiums at a track I thought I didn't like.

Test day everything went to plan just missing the first session after lunch as I couldn't be bothered to rush changing tyres and gearing as it was so hot (makes a nice change).

Saturday and I find myself back on row 4, lowest qualifying since Oulton but still pretty happy with my time even if I do need glasses to see the lights. 1st race of the weekend sees me start well but lost a bit narrowly avoiding Alan who went down at Charlies, still 3rd in class B but detached from front group, during the race I get overtaken by Scott and Dave, race is red when Dave crashes out (GWS) so I'm promoted back up to 4th.

Great evening spent in the company of Simon and Julie for a Barbie with Miles joining us for pud then the mist rolled in so time to hit the bar and catch up with a few of the other DDers.

Sunday saw race one red flagged on lap one, when we reformed I didn't get the best of starts and both Miles and Andy came past on the run up to coppice, straight back past Miles then out braked Andy into Park. Scott came past again so I tucked in behind and got towed up to Jim, Scott's on fire so gets through, I eventually ovetake Jim into Mansfield an set back after Scott catching him just as we start the last lap, I go past at Park he comes back at Mansfield, I get back past at the chicane and hold him off over the mountain and through to the line, 2nd . Not bad as I had to take to the grass to get past Rob and nearly ran in the back of Kev at the hairpin.
The next race was just as hairy as another grass tracking excursion and some stunt ridding according to Roxy saw me get another podium finishing 3rd. By this time the team manager / wife had heard of my antics and I was given a stern talking to, calm it down and finish was the gist of it so I duly abliged by staying upright and on the black stuff finishing 4th just behind Jim.

A 2nd, a 3rd, two 4ths and a 1:49 saw me slash 5 seconds off my best time from last year.

A fantastic weekend with some great racing, well done to Dave and Tom, thanks as always to Kev, Kev & Trudie. Get well soon all of the fallers, Pembrey can't come soon enough
Old 16-Jul-2013, 18:44
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Great battling out there fella and a crying shame about the 2nd race, your first start was blistering! The last lap swapping places was one of the best I've been in, hard but very clean, fair moves and it certainly made me keep my head down and arse up right to the end for the next 2 races.
See you down south Taffyland in a few weeks and well done!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 17-Jul-2013, 15:30
Bevel Head
Bikes: Anyones

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger san
What can I say, a fantastic weekend spent with some great people, topped off with two podiums at a track I thought I didn't like.

Test day everything went to plan just missing the first session after lunch as I couldn't be bothered to rush changing tyres and gearing as it was so hot (makes a nice change).

Saturday and I find myself back on row 4, lowest qualifying since Oulton but still pretty happy with my time even if I do need glasses to see the lights. 1st race of the weekend sees me start well but lost a bit narrowly avoiding Alan who went down at Charlies, still 3rd in class B but detached from front group, during the race I get overtaken by Scott and Dave, race is red when Dave crashes out (GWS) so I'm promoted back up to 4th.

Great evening spent in the company of Simon and Julie for a Barbie with Miles joining us for pud then the mist rolled in so time to hit the bar and catch up with a few of the other DDers.

Sunday saw race one red flagged on lap one, when we reformed I didn't get the best of starts and both Miles and Andy came past on the run up to coppice, straight back past Miles then out braked Andy into Park. Scott came past again so I tucked in behind and got towed up to Jim, Scott's on fire so gets through, I eventually ovetake Jim into Mansfield an set back after Scott catching him just as we start the last lap, I go past at Park he comes back at Mansfield, I get back past at the chicane and hold him off over the mountain and through to the line, 2nd . Not bad as I had to take to the grass to get past Rob and nearly ran in the back of Kev at the hairpin.
The next race was just as hairy as another grass tracking excursion and some stunt ridding according to Roxy saw me get another podium finishing 3rd. By this time the team manager / wife had heard of my antics and I was given a stern talking to, calm it down and finish was the gist of it so I duly abliged by staying upright and on the black stuff finishing 4th just behind Jim.

A 2nd, a 3rd, two 4ths and a 1:49 saw me slash 5 seconds off my best time from last year.

A fantastic weekend with some great racing, well done to Dave and Tom, thanks as always to Kev, Kev & Trudie. Get well soon all of the fallers, Pembrey can't come soon enough

I've got some video footage of the stunt riding, just got to work out how to edit it first and then I'll bung it on FB for a laugh !
Old 19-Jul-2013, 01:46
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

Not enough cake though!!
Old 19-Jul-2013, 09:20
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spjallen
Not enough cake though!!

argghh! nightmare!