Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 31-Mar-2009, 00:22
Bevel Head
Bikes: DD#73 & FirebladeCBR1000RR

Mood: Mizu-no-kokoro
First RACE BUZZ!

Wow.
What a buzz. First ever Race. The start at Race 1 was like "This lot are Balmy" but for Race two I realised thats how its gotta be, its racing.

MELBOURN STOPPIE!! ARRggghh! Lap 7 saw me go blatting down to the Melbourn Loop passing Dallas, thoughts of grandeur soon turned to "F%@£!!!" as Guy turned in and i was heading straight into him. Mi back wheel lifted and a stoppie commenced ....I didn't leave the bike as i had firmly grasped the rear subframe with my arse cheeks! My brain prepared for shutdown, but miraculously, we didn't connect. Dallas must have had a belting view of my twonk of a move! Needless to say Dallas and Guy went whizzing off. I managed to drop the rear wheel down and give chase. Thought I'd grasped the place over Guy when i took him on the melbourn loop, but he bust a move on me on the final bend and regained his place (Nice one mate).

Got some nice footage of RAce one on Bike Cam especially of Guy#21, Dallas#27 and Craig#34

Race 2
Nearly didn't happen for me due to a loose earth 2 mins before holding area. So i joined the warm up from pit lane. (Thanks to GREG GIBSON) As I'd missed the briefing I Thought the next practice lap was the race so went for it...thought "Bloody Hell, I'm doing well ere!" then saw the red flag and the grid regroup...Doh!
I was so thankfull to be out there, i went for it with a little more wellie. I so enjoyed it, Cant remember who cut me up going into the esses only to come to a grinding crawl on the right hand ESS, They waved anyway but it did make me chuckle and think "Glad its not just me who does things like that".

Chequered flag came too soon despite it being 10 laps. I was so chuffed, waved to marshalls and our posse on the pit wall, then saw Dom doing his burnout and realised he'd got a win for the team.

Had a Top Weekend, THANKS TO DOM n DEAN for almost missing Race 2 trying to fix my bike.

THANKS TO EVERYONE For a superb first Race weekend. Still grinning
Old 31-Mar-2009, 07:58
Mille
Bikes: Multistraddle S, Cucciolo

Mood: Blown away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWizard
Wow.
MELBOURN STOPPIE!! ARRggghh! Lap 7 saw me go blatting down to the Melbourn Loop passing Dallas, thoughts of grandeur soon turned to "F%@£!!!" as Guy turned in and i was heading straight into him. Mi back wheel lifted and a stoppie commenced ....I didn't leave the bike as i had firmly grasped the rear subframe with my arse cheeks! My brain prepared for shutdown, but miraculously, we didn't connect. Dallas must have had a belting view of my twonk of a move! Needless to say Dallas and Guy went whizzing off. I managed to drop the rear wheel down and give chase. Thought I'd grasped the place over Guy when i took him on the melbourn loop, but he bust a move on me on the final bend and regained his place (Nice one mate).

Got some nice footage of RAce one on Bike Cam especially of Guy#21, Dallas#27 and Craig#34

I wondered who that was! I heard the front tyre squealing and then saw you out of the corner of my eye. Instinctively let it run a bit deeper into the corner (to give you room to have the accident on your own) and hoped for the best. Thanks for not collecting me, and congrats on a very successful debut! Look forward to racing with you later in the season.

I'd love to see the video if you have a way of sharing it.

Last edited by injected : 31-Mar-2009 at 08:04.
Old 31-Mar-2009, 11:32
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999 / Kawasaki Z1000

Download the video onto disc shane and ill put it on the website if your ok sharing it.
Old 31-Mar-2009, 22:10
Bevel Head
Bikes: DD#73 & FirebladeCBR1000RR

Mood: Mizu-no-kokoro
No worries, I'll sort out the Vid Dean as soon as my Little man allows (Alex my 7week old boy). He's quite demanding at the mo so I'm only a third of the way through the photos.

Does anyone know any details of the Highlights DVD thingy, or the official track photographs?

PPS. we could do with a DD knees up at Angelsey so us newbies can put names to faces. It was good to meet the few we did at Donny.
Old 31-Mar-2009, 22:37
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Yea great idea, I'd love to bring my camera along and get a group shot if possible.

I think the DVD is being done by these people. http://www.greenlight-tv.com/

Craig

Last edited by Gbyte666 : 31-Mar-2009 at 23:07.
Old 31-Mar-2009, 23:00
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Good stuff! All this excitement and Pronto fame too...watch this space.

Congrats on the fresh one by the way

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^