Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 04-May-2009, 23:56
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
So how did you spend your day off

providing you had today off for the Bank Holiday

I started my Bank Holiday off by removing the awning from my old van so I can fit it to the new one.
I then made the mistke of going down B&Q to get som wood and MDF for converting the interior of the new van, getting back home just in time to watch the first BSB race.
Between the races it was trips out to the van to make measurements , do some sketches, cut a few pieces of wood and bang nails in with a big hammer.
Also sorted through the storage and tool boxes from the old van, coming across spares for my R6 (last raced 2004) my Fireblade (last raced 2003) and my TL1000 (last raced 2003)
Then popped over to the local bike night at the H-Cafe where I met up with Rally and Everton who told me more about Brenda's crash and was also joined over there by Senna3 and Biker Chick.

If the weather had been better I may have gone for a ride but as it kept raining on and off working on the van and watching the racing made use of my day off

Lastly well Done to Ferret some of us have been waiting 3 years for that result and Bradley didn't do to badly yesterday

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 05-May-2009, 00:00
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
took the family on a mystery tour, which was similar to the one I did on Sunday amazed that I managed to do most of it by memory, not having satnav with me...

nice tea and scones at Stockbridge, not much happening in Shaftesbury so headed home, watched some long-necked sheep grazing (must have been llamas but never seen them so wooly )

recorded BSB so managed to catch the first race and the KTM one before they insisted I put something else on!! then watch Higgins win the world snooker title online
Old 05-May-2009, 00:02
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Watched BSB on tv,.......apart from that,fook all.
A bit like any other day at the moment.
Old 05-May-2009, 00:26
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
Watched BSB on tv,.......apart from that,fook all.
A bit like any other day at the moment.

But at least there is a smiley face in that statement.
Hopefully by the time the next Bank Holiday comes around you'll be able to go for a ride.

Old 05-May-2009, 00:56
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
providing you had today off for the Bank Holiday

There you are, fell at the first hurdle. I was working today, first day of go-live for my current project and the culmination of 6 months work.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 05-May-2009, 11:06
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Watched BSB, had a nap, watched a film, had a nap, bought a bucket car shampoo and polish, then had a nap, watched more TV, went to bed.....didn't get around to washing my car but there is clear intention there.

WeeJohnyB
Old 05-May-2009, 12:02
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
Watched BSB, had a nap, watched a film, had a nap, bought a bucket car shampoo and polish, then had a nap, watched more TV, went to bed.....didn't get around to washing my car but there is clear intention there.

WeeJohnyB

all those naps
must be a sign of your age

Old 05-May-2009, 12:23
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
I went round to Oulton to watch BSB live.. it was damp and chilly.

Wandered around a bit, saw some friends, watched some racing an drank some expensive cups of tea.

Came home and watched the second race then spent ages trying to get warm again.
Old 05-May-2009, 14:47
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
But at least there is a smiley face in that statement.
Hopefully by the time the next Bank Holiday comes around you'll be able to go for a ride.
Oh,I did'nt do too badly there.Managed a couple of short rides on saturday and sunday,....a grand total of 120 miles over the two days.
Its about all I can manage these days before getting too tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
Its the thought that counts mate!
Old 05-May-2009, 16:03
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
tis the thought that counts Keith, I'll get around to it, who needs a shiney car in any case...only problem is I parked under a tree and have the biggest bird poo I have ever seen on the back of it. I won't go into detail, but its uglier than you can imagine. Must get it off tonight before it eats my paint.

Glad to hear you are still making it out there, even if for shorter runs than you would like

Kev....you're only as old as the bike you ride....if my bike is any reflection on my age, then I may not look that good, but still going strong....maybe need a bit of gaffa tape here and there

Claire - can't you just cut down a couple of trees and watch from your back garden?

WeeJohnyB

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit