Ducati Sporting Club UK
Stolen Bikes
Please read the guidelines on this thread before posting an entry

Old 07-Dec-2005, 12:49
RCA

Stolen Bikes, will people ever learn?

Owning a motorbike in England.

Lets face it, England is a dump. The criminal justice supports the criminal. How can the police with straight faces, urge the public to rely on the law, when we all accept the law is an ass. The police are sh*t scared of the criminals and are totally powerless. We are surrounded by drugs addicts, organised bike thieves, and imports of a mixed variety with no identity, you cannot trust any ****er. The fact is you can NEVER leave your bike out of site. If you have to do this, even if it is locked, you may as well leave the keys in it and the engine running, leave your helmet for them as well.

I cannot sympathise with anyone thus far who has had their bike stolen. I cannot believe people are stupid enough to take a bike to a track (especially a ‘flash’ Ducati), leaving it unattended for several hours, relying on a bunch of reprobate security staff? WTF???!! and as for parking a Ducati outside, unattended, Iam amazed at peoples niavety.

And it’s no good posting empty threats toward the criminals unless you are prepared to follow them through, and look what happend to Tony Martin.... Most bike thieves are gangs, who don’t have the mentally that you or I have. My dad had a works van stolen last year, fully loaded, he made a few enquires, was given a name, but was advised to leave well alone....

My advice, don’t give the opportunist the opportunity in the first place.

1. Keep the bike in the House. If this is not psychical possible, then move house, (I did). If you partner ‘does not want a bike in the house’, tell them to move out (I did).
2. Alarm the House.
3. Chain the bike to something fixed, like a radiator and remove the wheel nuts.
4. Immobilise & Alarm the bike.
5. Buy a large dog and keep it hungry, (not starving!).

If you cannot do any of the above, move to Spain or Italy (No ice, cheper beer, slimmer girls).

RA
Old 07-Dec-2005, 12:52
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I get the feeling you have some issues you'd like to discuss...
Old 07-Dec-2005, 14:09
500SD

so are you saying your dad should have parked his van in the house, booted out your mum and chained it to a radiator?
Old 07-Dec-2005, 14:10
500SD

whilst i agree that people should be careful i think your post ignores the fact that it takes seconds not hours to nick a bike
Old 07-Dec-2005, 14:16
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
Originally posted by RCA
Iam amazed at peoples niavety.

Blimey, who rattled his cage?????
Old 07-Dec-2005, 15:05
RCA

Quote:
Originally posted by loverobot
so are you saying your dad should have parked his van in the house, booted out your mum and chained it to a radiator?

No, you have taken/what I meant out of context. You know what I mean.
Old 07-Dec-2005, 15:10
Big Twin

Quote:
..england is a dump...
England is what you make it.
You have a choice in this Democratic land.

Sell the bike, eat the dog, move to spain?
Old 07-Dec-2005, 15:11
RCA

Quote:
whilst i agree that people should be careful i think your post ignores the fact that it takes seconds not hours to nick a bike

Which is my point, NEVER leave the bike unattended, even for 5 seconds. If the circumstances at the time make this difficult to do, don't be suprised when it's vanished.

In the words of TT 'it only takes a minute girl'.
Old 07-Dec-2005, 15:18
RCA

Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Quote:
Originally posted by RCA
Iam amazed at peoples niavety.

Blimey, who rattled his cage?????

The section of the biking community who cause MY premiums to increase each year. It's simple, less claims, cheaper premiums. Met a guy on a ride last week. Had his SP1 nicked, along with his £450 helment. Rode to Asda, people everywhere, left the bike right outside the doors. Came back, bike gone, taxi home. His attitude, well I'll get paid out.......
Old 07-Dec-2005, 15:19
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by RCA
Quote:

Which is my point, NEVER leave the bike unattended, even for 5 seconds. If the circumstances at the time make this difficult to do, don't be suprised when it's vanished.

In the words of TT 'it only takes a minute girl'.

1 - how do you ever get any work done if you don't leave your bike unattended, even for 5 seconds.

2 - "In the words of TT 'it only takes a minute girl2" - for those of us old enough to remember, that was originally by One hundred ton and a feather (also known as Jonathan King).