Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 15-Feb-2005, 16:27
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Bayliss - Not good news

Whipped this off crash.net

I hope he doesn't do it....

Honda's newest addition to its racing ranks, Troy Bayliss, has admitted to AAP that he is finding it difficult to adapt his new RC211V.

The Australian rider told his native news provider that his riding style was distinctively different to the way the Honda has been developed - and that he's been struggling to find speed from the machine as a result.

"At the moment the way it is the bike suits a smooth rider," he commented. "It suits a GP rider more than anything because they are used to using the clutch all the time."

However Bayliss was adamant that if he cannot get on with the machine he is likely to quit.

"There's no way I'm going to change my whole style to suit this bike and if I can't get it to work around me a little then I'll give it to someone else," remarked Bayliss. "You don't just change you're style after 36 years. I can't change myself."

Despite Honda's best attempts to provide a user-friendly 240bhp MotoGP machine, Bayliss admitted he was experiencing problems never encountered with the V4 Ducati - even though the 2004 Desmosedici had a reputation as being particularly tough to handle.

"I've got chatter from the clutch and off-the-engine braking and I never had this problem on the Ducati," he claimed. "I know this is a good bike and I've just got to get it sorted out. You could be more loose and aggressive with the Ducati. I've tried to smooth out and then I go slower."

Bayliss finished the recent Sepang II test over a second behind his 2004 Ducati, ridden by Bridgestone development rider Shinichi Itoh, and 2.5secs behind new team-mate Alex Barros - who criticised the Australian for trying too hard.

"He looks too aggressive," commented Barros. "Maybe the Ducati you can ride like this but I think he needs to change his style to ride the Honda. He is trying too hard, I told him to be more relaxed."
Old 15-Feb-2005, 16:36
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
that would be a bad way for his career to end

practice times
Old 15-Feb-2005, 16:42
BSB Star

Still think he should have swallowed his pride, and ridden the Duke in WSBK this year. Shame really, although I don't think it would end his career if he walked away from GP's. I'm sure he would get a ride on a superbike somewhere, maybe not this year. But if he does not provide the goods this year in GP's, this will be his last year in the class.

I wonder if Ducati would sign him back in 2006 for WSBK...
Old 15-Feb-2005, 16:59
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by flanker
I wonder if Ducati would sign him back in 2006 for WSBK...

rumours going round that he's looking for a ride in desmo due
Old 15-Feb-2005, 17:03
BSB Star

If that's the case mate, I'd give up right now!
Old 15-Feb-2005, 17:06
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
if he cant hack it on a honda rc211v cant see him being able to tame a 620 monster. and anyway we've already got our token aussie.
Old 15-Feb-2005, 17:08
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
if he cant hack it on a Hon..hon..hon..unrecognised word rc211v cant see him being able to tame a 620 monster. and anyway we've already got our token aussie.

Or two ...

Old 15-Feb-2005, 17:08
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I would be absolutely gutted if he went out that way - not his style and I'd hate to see his reputation tarnished like that.

I sincerely hope he gets around it and finds some pace.
Old 15-Feb-2005, 17:10
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
if he cant hack it on a Hon..hon..hon..unrecognised word rc211v cant see him being able to tame a 620 monster. and anyway we've already got our token aussie.

Old 15-Feb-2005, 17:34
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by tp-996
I would be absolutely gutted if he went out that way - not his style and I'd hate to see his reputation tarnished like that.

I sincerely hope he gets around it and finds some pace.

Me and you both... I'm sure he'll sort it out

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit