Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 23-Mar-2006, 13:48
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Barcelona GP advice

Planning to do Barcelona for the GP in June, looking for advice from anyone who's been.

Looking at tickets from BigRock (used them before and happy). They recommend Grandstand B, seem to remember someone posting photos last year that were probably taken from there - can anyone confirm if this is a good place to watch from, it looks good on all the circuit maps but there's no such thing as a first-hand recommendation.

Second question, what's the parking like getting in and out - planning to stay with a friend in Southern France and drive from there (about 2 1/2 hours away), hoping that as it's a modern facility, the traffic is not too bad - horror stories have already put us off going to Mugello which would have been my first choice

Any advice welcome

Thanks
Martin

[Edited on 23-3-2006 by Urban996]
Old 23-Mar-2006, 14:14
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
no idea what the traffic is like most people get the train in from barcelona i think. 15-20 min walk to circuit.

i was in a grandstand right on the inside of the loop looking towards the start finish straight. sorry doesnt really make much sense. will try to post up picutre from there when i get home. would definitely be in that one again.
Old 23-Mar-2006, 14:30
Mille

Mood: Ambivalent
I was there in 2003 when Capirossi won! Can't remember exactly which stand we were in, but we were towards the end of the start/finish straight and we could see a lot of the circuit from there.

We bought our tickets directly from the circuit - got the information from their website. We stayed in Barcelona (just off the Ramblas) and rode out to the cirucit from there - 45-50 mins (I think). It was mayhem 1000's of bikes and we parked where we could outside the circuit.

We caught the Caen ferry overnight on a Wednesday and rode down in 2 days, getting there late afternoon on Friday. Left Barcelona on Monday morning and got the afternoon Caen ferry back on the following Wednesday aftrenoon.

If you want any more info - let me know and I'll U2U you my number and you can give me a call.
Old 23-Mar-2006, 17:11
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
As the Spanish are GP mad, make sure you get Grandstand tickets. When we went we only had circuit tickets. It was packed and we had to stand all day to watch the racing. The Spanish get there really early so be warned. The atmosphere is great. The circuit is outside Barcelona and is not far from the motorway. Like you, we stayed in France (Carnet Plage) and the commute to the circuit on the bikes was ok. You will be parking on grass so if you are on a bike don't forget a puck for the sidestand. The ride back to France is great. No one gives a toss about speed and all the bridges over the motorway are lined with waving locals.
Old 25-Mar-2006, 11:49
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Cheers everyone, just waiting for my mate in France to confirm and I'll be buying tickets.... sunny Barcelona or wet Donington... no contest

Thanks
Martin

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit