Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Jun-2009, 20:51
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Big Thanks To Monty & Co

Very big thanks to Monty & the other MT members for another superb DSC trackday at the Mini Nurburgring that is Cadwell Park set in the beautiful Lincolnshire Wolds (I would say that as I live down the road )this is the 5th Trackattack I have been on with the DSC and they just keep on getting better.

A big thanks to Monty for asking me to be an instructor for the two day's, it made my time on track even more pleasurable.

To my lovely wife Cathy, well done babe, you broke your trackday cherry on your 620 Monster on the Monday, you even went out on a damp track, respect.. I guess I will have to book you in for both day's next year.

My brother Paul (Bionicle), who rode his 1098R Bayliss rep all the way from his home in Denmark ( and even let me take it on track for a session ) I think he should be mentioned in dispatches for the longest distance traveled.

Brother David & his partener, good to see them both, time you got a Ducati David.

To Jasper and his daughter Hayley, It was a pleasure of your company again, hope the BBQ & the accomodation on Sunday night was to your satisfaction, and am gutted after what happened to your 888 sp5 , I hope she is restored to her former glory very quickly.

To Bradders, no problem fella, Cathy was happy to help out, sorry the board was a bit on the long side.

Good to catch up with fellow members, especialy KeefyB, good to see you.

Chris
Old 18-Jun-2009, 22:46
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Yep seconded, brilliant 2 days.

Was great to see KeefyB out and about on his bike

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 19-Jun-2009, 21:27
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
It was touch and go if I would be coming to this years DSC track attack as the day I was due to catch the ferry from Denmark the heavens opened and Denmark got more rain in one day than we get all year I kept hoping for a lull in the deluge before leaving for the ferry but non was forthcoming so I had no choice other than to put my wet proofs on and venture out on my 2 month old Bayliss. the trip to the ferry was one of the worse I have ever had, the water was running off the fields and across the road so that half the time it was like riding in a shallow river, the bow waves kicked up by cars and lorries added to my drenching dips in the road had been transformed into mini lakes

A few points I reflected on after settling into my cabin.

Just because the label says water proof does not mean that it is.
A rucksack gets heaver the wetter it gets.
A cabin becomes a Turkish bath when you turn up the thermostat after hanging wet clothes all over the place
A few pints in the bar soon makes these points insignificant

Cadwell Day One,
In preparation we took the bikes up to Cadwell Sunday evening then retired back to Lincoln for a great BBQ and a few beers with Chris, Cathy, Jasper and Hailey
Monday morning sound testing, signing on and briefing went without a hitch and we were soon out on the track, it took a few laps to re acquainted with Cadwell but I was soon into my stride and totally enjoying myself, then came what we were all praying would not happen (Rain) we got the bikes under the pavilion and then huddled together hoping that it would soon pass, unfortunately it looked set for the rest of the day after a little discussion it was decided to get the wets on my track bike and take it out for my first ever wet trackday, I think there were only 4 other bikes on the track as I ventured out which was just as well the way I was riding, I never knew how hard it was to go round the hairpin sat upright on the bike after a few laps I started to enjoy myself and wondered why I had been so nervous of going out in the wet unfortunately all too soon the flag came out and that was it for the day.

Cadwell Day Two
woke up to a warm dry day with a bit of overcast cloud but at least it did not have any rain forecast, Arrived in the paddocks in time to kick Jasper out of his tent to help get the wets off the bike and get it sorted for what looked to be a good dry day on the track, I had decided that if it stayed dry I was going to take my Bayliss out for at least one session just to say it had been on the track got down to sound testing trying to keep the full 70 mm open Akras quiet not easy I can tell you, as I was one of the first to go through the sound test I could see the look on the testers face as he started to shake his head I was putting out 109 DB I explained to him that the bike was cold and they all sound louder cold, he was nice and let me have another shot at passing, they must have seen the desperation in my face to take the bike on the track and after a few moments debate they stuck the pass sticker on the screen, I don't know who you guys are but thanks allot if your reading this

The briefing was next on my list, and I am really glad I went as rumors were circulating that small people suffered most after a night on the beer, watching WeeJohnyB as he gave the briefing seemed to prove this point quiet well

Again a fantastic morning out on my 996 track bike with no problems or red flags through any of the sessions I was on a high only dampened by the unfortunate incident to Jaspers bike, with that in mind it was with great trepidation that I handed the key of my Bayliss to my brother Chris.P and said I know your itching to take it out so go warm the tires up for me and I headed off to the club house in time to see him take to the track with my pride and joy, I must say she sounded fantastic each time he passed the club house after a few laps he was back into the paddock and I was ready to take her out, First of all I want to apologize to any fast group riders that I may have held up in that session but sorry guys I was just not willing to go any faster than I was, it was totally different from the gearing on my 996 and I found myself making mistake after mistake mainly through barn but in a few other places as well so after a few laps I came in but it had been fun, maybe next year I will be more up to pushing it a bit harder when I have sorted track panels etc.
The day got better and better with the sun pushing the clouds away and making the last sessions of the day utterly fantastic and it all came to an end all too soon.
The bikes were loaded into the van and goodbyes were said to the guys I knew and some I did not, another DSC track event was over for another year, but I will be back next year.

Well done Cathy for breaking your track day cherry you looked good out there.

An uneventful trip down to Harwich saw me boarding the ferry for the crossing back to Denmark, a quiet night in the bar gave me time to reflect on a great few days, so many thanks to all who made it happen and to Chris and Cathy for the bed and keeping me fed and waterd
The Bayliss is tucked away looking a little dejected from all the riding but a strip down and clean is planned for tomorrow to bring her back to pristine condition so for now I am just going to kick back on the sofa with a few beers and plan my trip over to the UK for track attack 2010.

Paul
Old 19-Jun-2009, 23:10
Ducati Corse

Even with the disaster of the bike,the weekend was still brilliant.Many thanks to the both of you and Cath.It was a laugh.

And to Monty,WJB,Martin from Ducati Glasgow and everyone else,thanks again for a wonderful Cadwell!!
Old 19-Jun-2009, 23:22
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
well we only stopped for a short while as 6 hours in the car was not the most comfortable for me and quite tiring, but it was fantastic to see everyone and catch up with folks.

Shame the weather got the better of most on the Monday afternoon but glad everyone was still smiling.

hopefully next year I will be on a bike