Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-May-2006, 18:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Chris we can only enter the races we get on the entry regs so if there are only two races for DD those with two bikes will not be able to use both so can only enter one and then the numbers are automatically less than if we get four races to enter.
And if it does come down to only one grid of 46 then we need to be able to look at what happens if the entry is over subscribed and it comes down to quallifying with some riders not getting into the DD race.
As riders rep I need to know what the riders views are so I see no harm in discussing it openly.
then once New Era let us know what is happening we can sort out the best way forward.
I'm sure it will come up in conversation at the Oxon \ Berks night out this evening, its already getting discussed in phone calls, U2Us etc again its the lack of concreate information that keeps these discussions going. so the sooner New era let us know whats happening the better for everyone
Old 10-May-2006, 18:16
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Chris we can only enter the races we get on the entry regs so if there are only two races for DD those with two bikes will not be able to use both so can only enter one and then the numbers are automatically less than if we get four races to enter.
And if it does come down to only one grid of 46 then we need to be able to look at what happens if the entry is over subscribed and it comes down to quallifying with some riders not getting into the DD race.
As riders rep I need to know what the riders views are so I see no harm in discussing it openly.
then once New Era let us know what is happening we can sort out the best way forward.
I'm sure it will come up in conversation at the Oxon \ Berks night out this evening, its already getting discussed in phone calls, U2Us etc again its the lack of concreate information that keeps these discussions going. so the sooner New era let us know whats happening the better for everyone

Thats good news Skids, biggest problem I'm faced with sorting it out with New Era is knowing what the true numbers are. Once we know that we've a better chance of sorting the grid situation so please try to get as many riders commited to the event as possible. It would be handy to have a list of entrants, ideally an email from them to confirm they are riding once they send in their New Era application.

Not all the riders seem to use their emails so that isn't easy to sort out either.

It's a way off yet so don't despair, we'll get the best deal we can negotiate, as always.
Old 11-May-2006, 11:40
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Quote:
Originally posted by phil_h
Any idea if the races are on the same day ?

If its one grid and one race per day, I won't be entering.
It just isnt worth the time and cost.

If its one grid and 2 races on one day, I will certainly still consider it, but if it looks like being oversubscribed, I'd rather be considered a reserve in advance, cos I really cant be bothered with all the hassle of prep and qualifying only to not get a ride at all.

So, with the way New Era are playing the lets-make-up-our-minds-at-the-last-minute-game, it certainly looks like my 2 entries are not on the cards.

This is not turning out to be the simple racing series I thought it would be.
Old 11-May-2006, 11:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul James
It's a way off yet

Some of us like to now what's happening sooner than the week before you know
I've had my crmc and vmcc entry forms for the whole season since march :P
Old 11-May-2006, 11:50
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Quote:
Any idea if the races are on the same day ?

If its one grid and one race per day, I won't be entering.
It just isnt worth the time and cost.

If its one grid and 2 races on one day, I will certainly still consider it, but if it looks like being oversubscribed, I'd rather be considered a reserve in advance, cos I really cant be bothered with all the hassle of prep and qualifying only to not get a ride at all.

So, with the way New Era are playing the lets-make-up-our-minds-at-the-last-minute-game, it certainly looks like my 2 entries are not on the cards.

This is not turning out to be the simple racing series I thought it would be.

well it is simple really you send off the forms and race in the races you get. its a big meeting and i would have thought well worth going even if its 2 races on 2 days in a combined grid. i know its not ideal but should be a cracking meeting with the superbikes there too..
Old 11-May-2006, 12:04
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
As said in my email to the RC, if mixed grids then I'll enter only 583. Otherwise I'll enter both classes, it may help making the numbers. And I need tracktime.
Old 11-May-2006, 16:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally posted by Quasimodo
Thank your lucky stars we got two grids to start with, if you'd all been lumped together then the 583's would never stand a chance of "qualifying" at CC against the 620's. At least this way we should see a fair split in grid numbers for the 620's and the 583's.
Still feel sad that some of my friends may pay their entry, make the long journey to turn up, give their best in "qualifying" and then not get a race slot

Plenty of 583's would qually against 620's or have you been watching a different series to me this year ?
Old 11-May-2006, 17:56
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by couchcommando
Quote:
Thank your lucky stars we got two grids to start with, if you'd all been lumped together then the 583's would never stand a chance of "qualifying" at CC against the 620's. At least this way we should see a fair split in grid numbers for the 620's and the 583's.
Still feel sad that some of my friends may pay their entry, make the long journey to turn up, give their best in "qualifying" and then not get a race slot

Plenty of 583's would qually against 620's or have you been watching a different series to me this year ?

A fair few would qually no doubt, but I bet the far greater proportion would be 620's Tony

On a combined grid the 583's always loose out.....we get the rough end of the stick.....not moaning but its fact....

Phil
Old 11-May-2006, 17:59
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Stop moaning
Old 11-May-2006, 18:06
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul James
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids

Thats good news Skids, biggest problem I'm faced with sorting it out with New Era is knowing what the true numbers are. Once we know that we've a better chance of sorting the grid situation so please try to get as many riders commited to the event as possible. It would be handy to have a list of entrants, ideally an email from them to confirm they are riding once they send in their New Era application.

Not all the riders seem to use their emails so that isn't easy to sort out either.

It's a way off yet so don't despair, we'll get the best deal we can negotiate, as always.

I intended to race at CC in the 583 grid. So that's one on your list Bike 24. I really don't mind racing in a combined grid but I do mind not qualifying and therefore not racing (I am missing a big family event to be there and half of my wife's family who come from that neck of the woods are planning to come watch) so if there is a possibility that i won't race I definitely won't enter, if that all makes sense.

the sooner it can be sorted out the better as far as i am concerned.

If i can afford it I would go Tonio's way and enter both 620 and 583 to bump the grids up.

Franco