Select and personalise a bike with the brand new Scrambler configurator
Borgo Panigale, Bologna (Italy), 21 July 2016
- The new platform features HD images, accessory kits, apparel, and the chance to receive feedback from a local Ducati Scrambler dealer
- Possibility to personalise a Scrambler even via a mobile device
- All of the configurator’s features are created with precision and originality
– The new Ducati Scrambler configurator is now online at: Configurator.scramblerducati.com. The platform allows for the personalisation, at any time and even via a mobile device, of all six versions of this new and exciting bike. From the Scrambler Icon, to the Sixty2, from the Urban Enduro, to the Full Throttle, the Classic and the Flack Track Pro, all of the bikes in the Scrambler range can be viewed and made even more unique and distinctive.
The Scrambler configurator is one of the many projects falling under the Ducati Brand Unit that promotes “self-expression”, the concept that characterises the Scrambler universe. All such projects are designed to give room to creativity, expanding the brand using unconventional and increasingly innovative channels.
In terms of motorcycle personalisation, the new Ducati Scrambler configurator offers the possibility to choose from more than 60 accessories: original tank covers and three different Scrambler logos; Racing accessories to emphasise the bike’s sports spirit; six different seats; Enduro accessories for an increasingly complete experience even when off-road; and much more. All of the images available in the configurator are provided in HD, ensuring true to life representation.
The platform offers eleven views of the bike, including side, three-quarter, rear, front, from above and from the riding position. Even the setting can be personalised. The Ducati Scrambler configurator can also be used to choose a trendy and practical garment from the latest apparel collection dedicated to the brand. In order to ensure safety, comfort and style, Scrambler garments include jackets, trousers, gloves, shows, t-shirts, glasses and even helmets and goggles, all useful and fun accessories.
There is also the ‘Hop on your motorbike’ option, an additional function that lets the customer share a configuration with his/her closest Ducati Scrambler dealer and receive useful feedback in real time. The configurator also allows for sharing via social media. “Thanks to the new Scrambler configurator, we create the perfect bike for our fans, in a quick and simple way”
, comments Piergiorgio Grossi, Ducati Information Technology & Digital Transformation Director. “In addition, we provide them with many useful options so that they can enjoy an experience that is not just about bikes, accessories and clothing, but also instils the sense of belonging to a large Community. This is one of the first steps of Digital Transformation to be implemented by Ducati and results are proving to be significant and competitive. We would like a Ducatista to be a Ducatista not only when riding but everywhere, at all times, and this becomes possible when the Ducati experience also incorporates all the new digital tools”
Claudio De Angeli, Scrambler Ducati Brand Unit manager, confirms this. “I’m proud that this digital evolution begins with the Scrambler brand that has always considered viral, informal communication to be one of its strengths. It was no coincidence that in 2014 we chose to focus on digital channels when launching the new Scrambler concept. That was the starting point and today we have an extensive Community through our Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Vimeo pages and via our site. In addition, in the last few days, we’ve also opened a YouTube channel and launched the first Scrambler app dedicated to street food, The Taste of Joy*”
To follow Scrambler Ducati activities on social networks click on: twitter.com/scramblerducati
* Available for iOS, soon available for Android devices. Tasteofjoy.scramblerducati.com