Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Oct-2006, 13:14
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Thumbs up

I always go to www.wraysburytyres.co.uk for my Pirelli's for car and bike
Old 21-Oct-2006, 14:32
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
was going to post this on a new thread - but as it is tyre related and fitting only' i'll tack it on the back of this thread

i purchased some almost new diablo's from a very genourous local DD rider on friday evening-saturday morning i visited THREE local tyre companies(all of which are large multi depot companies) to get them changed over- all three gave the same answer "sorry mate cant do it cos its our insurance see"---
now get this!!
two of these companies could/would also sell me a tyre but wont fit them!!!!!!!!!-
so back home i go, all ready to give micheldever tyre services or as recommended above steve at wraysbury tyres a call then I had a very rare moment of a brain wave i'll call W.M Snells- they recommended Alton Tyres 01420 511 111--along Mill lane on the industrial estate-i didnt even know they were there!!!- thirty minutes later all sorted so big up to snells and Alton tyres

so why do companies stock motorcycle tyres,supply motorcycle tyres, but refuse to fit them???????????
its pathetic
Old 21-Oct-2006, 14:41
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermob 998
so why do companies stock motorcycle tyres,supply motorcycle tyres, but refuse to fit them???????????
its pathetic

you might find they dont have the right equipment to balance the proply or dont know how to and they are covering themselves
Old 21-Oct-2006, 14:59
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
guess you could be right Alan -i'm not the brightest spanner in the box- but surely the few hundred quid investment in the correct equipment would surely shift the few thousands pounds worth of motorcycle tyres i saw in the depot???
i was just astounded at the company policy of "we'll sell, but won't fit"
but hey-ho we now know where to go!!
Old 16-Jan-2007, 14:21
Mille
Bikes: 998S and MTS1200S

Mood: Growing old disgracefully, DSC member 2387
There appears to be a policy building up in the trade of NOT fitting tyres supplied from elsewhere, with various horror stories of counterfiet tyres, although I think this is very unlikely. Feltham tyres damaged my Marchesini rear wheel, by bad use of the tyre levers, then to add insult to injury they scratch the weights off. They offered no compensation nor denied the damage, just saying that painted wheels get damaged.

Historically South Ruslip Motorcycles, just off the A40 Near the Polish war memorial 020 8841 5370 did a good job on LOOSE wheels, £15+Vat for fitting and balance.

Good luck Paul