Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Dec-2004, 19:57

Bit the bullet!!

Hi Guys

well i finally bit the bullet and ordered mine today. Black MS, not sure what mods i will make, i'll just run it in and decide once thats done.

What convinced me was the test ride i had on wednesday. The salesman let me take one out for an hour. Before riding it he said that the rear tire was squared off and it was affecting the handling. Well............it took so much effort to make it turn in i thought it had a punture.......took it to a garage,checked the tire pressures, 12psi in the front tire!!!!!! pumped it up and bingo, what a fantastic bike! fell in love with it there and then, soooo much more rideable than my 749s on our potholed roads, and handles like a dream. loved the engine, load of torque from way down the rev range.

My only concern was that i also really liked the BMW R1200gs, i test rode it today, and while its a good bike, handles well etc, its just didn't make me grin Very Happy like the multistrada,So i ordered mine today, 749s will be part exchanged, and i have a great christmas looking forward to my new toy!
Old 19-Dec-2004, 23:02
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
welcome to the club, - and the Numpty owning club; we are the future.................
Old 19-Dec-2004, 23:16
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Hi welcome mate ! sure you will fit in here somewhere
and mines a voddy and red bull ! merry xmas ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mav
Old 20-Dec-2004, 13:30
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Good choice especially the black one, also know what you mean in comparison to the BM.

Welcome to the board and have a good Christmas.
Old 20-Dec-2004, 14:23
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Saw one a black one Ducati Manchester last week with carbon Termis, white number boards and white pinstripes on the wheels.

Looked absolutely gorgeous.
Old 20-Dec-2004, 21:12
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
You won't regret it, and it will guarantee you a great New Year. Especially in Black

Enjoy
Old 24-Dec-2004, 21:07

Well, i have been told delivery will be first week in January, now i really can't wait!!

Couple of questions

Can you get the termignoni pipes in stainless steel or Titanium? Can't see that option on the ducati web site, but i'm sure i've seen some fitted to a multistrada, or have i just seen standard pipes with a Termi sticker?

Anyone make rearsets for it yet?

I plan to use it year round, so the idea is to replace all the caliper bolts, disk bolts, engine bolts etc with stainless steel, and try to change all the bitss made out of monkey metal with billet items, i know this could be expensive, but my 749 looked a mess the first time i took it out in the wet let alone roads with salt on them!!

Neil
Old 25-Dec-2004, 09:54
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
The Termi system is a stainless steel can with carbon ends.I
dont know if they make any others yet.Personally,I prefer the looks of the SilMotor set up.
Not seen any rear sets yet,maybe those old boys over on www.multistrada.netknow better.
If you are going to use the bike all year make sure you bolt on a hugger and a front fender extender.The MS is a very 'dirty' bike and has lots of nooks and crannies for the road filth to gather.Scottoil FS365 also helps to keep the salt at bay.
Old 25-Dec-2004, 15:06
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Congratulations on choosing to buy THE Ducati to be seen on. Shame you could only get the second best colour
Ihave to back up keefyB's coments about the hugger & fenda extenda (Pyramids spelling not mine) these would be my first choice of extras.
Enjoy your new ride in safety
PS When I saw the title of your post I thought I had somehow logged on to the Enfield site by mistake

[Edited on 25-12-2004 by Rocker]