Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Dec-2006, 05:49
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

new rubber

Well, what is the consensus here on new tairs (heh, heh) for the ST4. Not so much high speed touring or track days, but a modicum of mountian riding mixed with short commutes on the expressway. Mixed pillion and non pillion riding. Generally fair weather.
Old 26-Dec-2006, 06:14
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Pirelli Diablo's seem to work very well on just about anything.Got them on my 999,Multi and the wifes Monster,......love 'em.
Old 26-Dec-2006, 06:58
500SD

thanks, but can you provide a little more detail on that awesome luv!!

Cheers!
Old 26-Dec-2006, 09:01
Ducati Corse

I'll stick my head above the wall here and say that I'm currently running Dunlop D207's and they seem fine for everything i do on the bike including trackdays and touring. No experience with them in the wet though. I previously had D208's and they were fine as well. Can't tell any difference between the two if i'm honest!
Old 26-Dec-2006, 10:26
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Previously ran Diablos on my 4S... about 3.5K rear & 7K from a front.
couldn't really fault them but this time I've gone over to the Conti Sport Attack...
Designed by the same chap who did the Diablo.
Have to say I've been impressed so far... very good feedback and excellent in dealing with the dry / damp / dry conditions this time of year.
Only done about 800 miles on them so far so can't comment on longevity but the information I have is that they last a bit better than the Diablo so we'll see.
Good deal on them too at £155 fitted for a 120 / 180 combination.
Old 26-Dec-2006, 10:46
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Pirelli Diablo's on my ST4S as well-brilliant tyre-once you have seen how the DD boys can use them wet and dry you too will be a believer. They warm up fast(much better than the Michelin Pilot Sports I had on), give good feed back and tremendous grip-and they look to be lasting well as well.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 27-Dec-2006, 08:26
500SD

mille grazie signore! I guess i have run about 7k on my originals so far and they are starting to show wear, Onle 3.5 k is some pretty heavy riding I would imagine.
Old 27-Dec-2006, 10:52
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Always run with Pirelli Diablo's on my ducati's. Mixture of road and slow track, 1 up and 2 up riding. Never once had a problem with them. I would add that I only ride in the dry, unless caught out in the rain, so can not really comment on wet weather performance.

For 2006 I went to the Pirelli Diablo's Corsa and on the last track day got around to both edges of the rear tyre without any problems. But, would say these are too soft for regular commuting and road work.

I like em ....
Old 15-Jan-2007, 06:09
500SD

There is a new set of Michelins just out that seem to be another version of their two compound tire. Cycle World in the US ran a good review of them, but wonder if anyone has put them on yet. Sorry, don't have the type info here with me now.