Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Jan-2006, 15:20
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

Black Ice II

Well, I finally got to look over the damage today and took some photos of the cracked fairing, etc. I plan to use a Holts repair kit by putting the fibre glass matting and resin behind the cracks and the bond into the cracks from the front. Then hopefully I can sand that down to a wee little bit that will take some touch up with spray and pencil. The crack on the top near the turn signal is all the way through on both side of the fastener, so I can pull the screw backing (rubber portion) all the way out. Intend to mat over that, perhaps by cutting a hole in the matting. Guess I should post a photo of that as well.
Anyway, if any of you have any suggestions (I know, just buy a new one and help support Ducati) let me know.
BTW, used a portable drill with a clutch (for reassembly time), and a 90 deg joint for some of the hard to reach areas, to undo the fasteners, which made the whole process a lot easier.

[Edited on 28-1-2006 by Mad Dog Bianchi]