Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Dec-2005, 20:18
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
No but mine are slightly silenced being for the German market so it ran ok.
However I altered my fuelling to deal with the slightly rough fuelling at low revs which was there before the cans went on. ( Techlusion TFI - more basic version of a Power Commander )
Old 22-Dec-2005, 22:00
GTL
Bikes: ST4s ABS

Mine has the 5.6 ECU so there is not much I can do apart from fit a DP ECU (lots of bucks) or fit a PC ( I believe the S4R one works although they're not too cheap either). I have the Technoresearch software though so can alter the fuel trim but that's unlikely to sort it over the complete throttle range. I'll see how it behaves when the bike goes back on the road in March. Thanks for your help
Old 24-Dec-2005, 15:49
GTL

The cans arrived to day - surprisingly quick delivery for the time of year. I just checked them and they fit fine
The OEM exhausts have a double sleeve on the cans as well as the collector box. Whereas the Sil Motor ones have only a single walled tube which fits between the two sleeves of the collector. It may not seal quite as well but the 900ss had this arrangement and was never a problem.
Unfortunately the bike is in bits just now while I do the valve clearances so I won't get to hear them for a few weeks yet
Old 01-Feb-2006, 12:50
GTL

Rushjob,

I fitted the Sil exhaust properly this time, when I got them I just checked that they fitted the pipe and that everything lined up. I've found that the brackets are thinner than the OEM Remus ones so that the the rubber bushes don't get nipped up and the cans slop about a bit. I need to find suitable washers, about 1" internal ID and 2-3mm thick to use as spacers. Did you have this problem?
Incidentally, they sound terriffic with a really deep bass grunt. Haven't had them out on the road yet though.
Old 01-Feb-2006, 13:04
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
No Derek, mine were fine.
Do you know someone with access to a lathe who can turn you some up?
Shouldn't take more than a few minutes if you give them the dimensions.
Old 01-Feb-2006, 17:01
GTL

No problem. I'll make something or get something made up. I've probably got something lying about in the garage that can be utilised.