Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Nov-2011, 13:10
500SD

Mood: 900 went 999 gone, Multi came and went, 749 Nero now
Looks better here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiIcq...e_gdata_player
Old 08-Nov-2011, 19:47
Mille

Shame, could have been so much more. At present I am not a fan (but I am happy for it to grow on me if Ducati can lend me one)

It is a bit of a joke that Ducati who are rated as one of the world's most fashionable and desirable brands have only just got to the stubby exhaust and slim seat look. Honda practically originated this design in 2008 with their Blade and also KTM was hot on their heels with their RC8. Aprillia then had their RSV4 in 2009 and even Kawasaki beat them with their current ZX10R. On the bright side they got there before Suzuki

If I could be bothered to trawl back through my posts in 2009 here or on Ducatisti I remember suggesting that it would be cool if Ducati lost the underseat exhaust and had a thinner seat etc as per the trend. In my opinion someone should have reminded them that we are moving into 2012 and that ship has sailed. If it is just about ontrend now then it will be soooo dated by the time they get round to the 1200 or whatever it will be. I will not start on the lights because I think these will be marmite and are atleast slightly original but they remind me of the nostrils on the new multi mudguard nose thingy, and I dont want lights like nostrils.

Anyhow, hope its fast and the factory team comes back to WSB.
Old 08-Nov-2011, 23:43
500SD
Bikes: CBR 600F2-(Ishikawa), Blade RRS-(Baba San), 996s-(Tambo), 996R-(Tambo), MV f1000 312-Tambo

Mood: I like my bike
Talking

I can't find another manufacturer that has put exhausts on a bike like those. First LED's on a bike, first new Brembo's on a production bike, release valve for easier starting, 30mm less to the bars, electronically adjustable forks and shock, cutting edge electronics, 10kg less than the 1198, 195bhp, a clutch lever that does not need an uprated master cylinder. All sounds good to me.