Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Sep-2005, 15:41

Rumours are that there will be an ST3S model in the near future. I am looking forward to the option of ABS. I was considering trading my ST3 for an ST4S earlier this year, but as Ariel has pointed given the ECU/spring mods it is now a cracking bike. Mine is 100% reliable. So I am holding off for an ST3S but I want a dry clutch option!

Micko
Old 09-Sep-2005, 17:11
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
I'd have a multi strada but to me they look like they've been hit really hard with the ugly stick.

Go on you know you want to, just avoid looking in shop windows
Old 09-Sep-2005, 17:28
Mille

Mood: Relaxed
ST3 Performance

Good to see that both you Micko and Red Steve are having fun on your 3 valvers. Decent mileages being put in too.
Polished mine up the other day. It sure does look classy. Mine is a red un by the way.
I had a 1000DS Multistrada last year. It was good fun but unfortunately the seat height was too much for me and to be honest I feel happy about that now because other wise I shouldn't have bought my lovely ST3.
Old 10-Sep-2005, 14:26

Mood: Feeling better
According to MCN, a key reason Ducati are putting the Testastretta engine in the Monster (to replace the Desmo powererd S4R) is to meet the new Euro 3 emissions laws due in 2006. It's cheaper to do this than alter the Desmo to meet the regs.

Assuming this is correct, it's a fair expectation that they'l do the same with the ST range.
Old 11-Sep-2005, 00:31
Montjuic

So.. if this happens, are you saying this will be good or bad for prices? I have an ST2 which I only bought last Oct/Nov. I've done over 3000 miles on it and am thrilled to bits. It is a superb bike. But.... if there was the chance to upgrade to an ST4s for not a lot of money I'd probably go for it...
Old 26-Sep-2005, 10:15
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

They may be selling more of them here if the ST4sABS is still around as the law limiting bikes on expressways to only one up was rescinded recently. There are a wholelot of Japanese who want to go touring with a loved (or prospective) one on the pillion. Japanese sales have always been a factor in Ducati lineup decisions, so who knows how this will effect the ST4S.