Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 19-Apr-2004, 19:33
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Misano report and pics

Oh boy was I p*ssed when I wrote that Superpole report.It was posted at an internet point after several birra grande's.
After thursdays free paddock show,we had a day off the bikes on friday.Our daughter Lizzie is keen on the bikes but its only fair that she has a day on the beach/shopping whatever.Weather was'nt too bad for us but it was pretty poor at the circuit.
After heavy rain on friday night the track was wet for saturday qualifying.Superpole was also declared wet as the track was still damp in places,despite no rainfall on the day.The entry tickets were E55 (36quid)for a two day ticket.The spectators were pretty sparce and I reckon no more than a couple of thousand turned up.
More heavy rain overnight meant that the track was wet again for raceday.The superstock race was a titanic race and loads of crashes.
Next up the big guns came out and Troy Corser suprised us by leading for the best part of the race.Steve Martin slipped off and Chili nicked third.The race was stopped as heavy rain started to fall.Laconi leading at the time.The rain continued for about an hour and we took shelter under the canopy of one of the many food/drink outlets.
The Supersport race went off after a slight delay.It was a bit of a procession.Karl Muggerage won after Broc Parkes fell while leading.Lanzi (Breil 749) was in the top four for most of the race before slipping back.
Race 2 was a corker and we all know what happened.The circuit commentator lost his voice on the last lap and the crowd went absolutely crazy as Chilli swept into the lead.
A great weekend of racing not spoilt at all by the weather.We watched from the banking on Curva del Carro.From here you can see about two thirds of the circuit.
Because of the weather,crowds were down and I estimate around 12 thousand on raceday.
Heres a pic of da man Frankie with my wife and daughter.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by KeefyB]
Old 19-Apr-2004, 19:36
Mille

Fantastic Keefy. Sounds like a brilliant trip.
Old 19-Apr-2004, 19:36
WSB Hero

Heres a pic of Troy Corser leading in qualifying.We saw plenty of action here,especially in race 2 as everyones tyres went off.Laconi was spinning it up everywhere.The Slide King Gary McCoy was the most spectacular.His back wheel must have been about 18" out of line with clouds of blue smoke pouring out.Fantastic stuff.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by KeefyB]
Old 19-Apr-2004, 20:08
WSB Hero

And here's muggins in Misano pitlane.
Old 19-Apr-2004, 20:13
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Very jealous, keep up the good work.

TP

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit