Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 09-Nov-2003, 00:39

Mood: Still smiling
Not much to say after Jools analysis. I didn't realise it when I wrote the original post but the MS is the top selling Ducati model of all (year to Sept 30th) according to page 24 of the DMH Group quarterly report September 30 2003 at

http://www.ducati.com/company/investor_relation.jhtml

Clearly the MS family is going to play a big part in the future plans of Ducati - I'm personally just glad that the company had the balls to back such an innovative design as the MS. If only they could make it salt resistant !

Nick

PS It also explains why there are 800 huggers on back order (so I heard)

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by nicksp]
Old 09-Nov-2003, 00:42
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
tee,Hee,Hee!
bless the british!
Old 10-Dec-2003, 12:59
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
I rode my dealers multistrada demo just after buying my Kawasaki ZRX 1200. That was in February. Reasult on 01 Dec the ZRX went and a new Multistrada appeared in my garage. My dealer also says it is his top seller
Old 10-Dec-2003, 14:51
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Another convert joins the ranks! Well done Rocker.

Don't know why everyone complains about looks of MS. As Keefyboy says you can't see it when you're riding it but that aside it's quirky and distinctive enough not to be confused with the clones that are just about every other bike on the road (except Ducati's of course!).

Like others, I lusted after a 996 for many years but I have to say that I feel nothing like as attached to it as I now do to my MS.
Old 20-Feb-2004, 08:40
500SD

I am afraid that at my age my body doesn't fit the likes of a 996 anymore.
However I am really looking forward to riding my MS up to your part of the world in August
Old 20-Feb-2004, 16:40
Mille

Mood: Electrically challenged
Wher you been, Rocker?

It's only taken you just over two months to respond to that last post!

You've obviously been spending too much time on that 'Multistrada.net' web-site!
Old 20-Feb-2004, 17:20
500SD

I gave this site a miss for a while as it seemed my error with my avatar when I first joined seemed to upset one of the regulars so much that he felt it neccessary to become aggressive and start swearing at me. in my job I get this sort of thing every day from the travelling public so I certainly don't want it in my leisure pursuits. However as some one said on the multistrada net why let one persons attitude put you off a whole club so I thought I would give it another go
Old 20-Feb-2004, 17:59
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Rocker,
Hi mate hows it going,hope the Shell stickers were ok.
Welcome back to the DSC,stick with it,you will find that we are not a bad bunch of peeps most of the time.
Old 20-Feb-2004, 20:16
500SD

The stickers were great. thanks again.
As I said I intend to stick around. I am sure the vast majority of you are great guys/girls
Old 21-Feb-2004, 16:55
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
Welcome back Rocker. We need more MS owners here, - you are the future in my opinion.

Unfortunately Jools has stolen all my thunder so there is nothing more to add, perhaps except that Ducati have realised early on that possibly the bottom has dropped out of the race replica market. I do think we want more all purpose bikes, - well bikes that handle well yet don't give you back, neck and wrist ache. My only concern from a MS point of view is that some of what would have been Jap buyers have come to the Ducati brand without realising the quirks of the beast. - Some of the stuff on multistrada.net is soooooo negative and moan-y; they moan when their bike shows signs of corrosion after riding through salt and not cleaning it off properly, - somehow that is the fault of Ducati.