Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Apr-2005, 20:06
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
749/999 should start to be fitted with 'Hazard' warning flashers !! Glad you were able to tell the tale mate !

Hey my gixxer 1000 was fitted with hazard lights :P , glad your ok
Old 11-Apr-2005, 20:28
Big Twin

The symptoms of this are the same as when my battery terminal broke off. The cables are so short and heavy that they had to be eased out to allow the battery out. It had only been out a couple of times and the angled bracket work hardened and broke where the cable joins it. Whilst the bracket is massive (as battery terminals go), the bit that joins to the cable is not and is a weak point. The symptom then was that everything went off, because all power was lost. It had been playing up before that with the battery seemingly not holding charge, and I suspect when the joint starts to work harden and crack it geenerates heat when you use the starter which makes it worse.

I replaced the earth (lower) cable with one from Halfords that was a few cm longer. That enabled me to re-route it so it wasn't so tight.

Of course ... might nto be anything to do with that.
Old 11-Apr-2005, 20:41
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Had a general check of things with my very very basic knowledge and all appears ok. Battery was first port of call.
Old 11-Apr-2005, 21:06
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
I had a very similiar problem after picking up my 900SL the first outing to Brands last year kept cutting out couldnt find the cause by the side of the road and limped home after moving battery terminals.
sent back to dealer i got it from and it turned out to be a broken positive lead about 4 inches from the battery inside the thick protective plastic only cut out over bumps etc so was parting the wires.
a new positive lead cured it.
ian
Old 11-Apr-2005, 21:26
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Jon, Alan says time permitting he will take a look for you - pop over early any evening - say by 7pm?

Might help set your mind at rest.

Let me know, so I can 'trap him' in the house & delay him from DD bike fettling. Seriously - he does say 'no probs' tho.

C
Old 11-Apr-2005, 21:28
500SD

Charlotte, thats great thank Alan for me.

Going to try and sort the tyre tomorrow, so will let you know later in the week.

Thanks again
Old 11-Apr-2005, 21:42

I have the same bike and I wish I'd never read that now!!!!! When I take it in for the first service, shall I check all the leads etc?
Old 13-Apr-2005, 08:58
500SD

After getting the tyres sorted yesterday I sent the dealer an email.
They have suggested that its not entirely unkown for a certain fuse to work slightly loose. Going to check later on today.
Old 13-Apr-2005, 09:39
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Jobr.... have you got any form of alarm/immobilizer... sounds like a loose wire or fuse... Problem is trying to pinpoint the fault... hope you get it sorted ok.
Old 13-Apr-2005, 09:44
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by dave w
Jobr.... have you got any form of alarm/immobilizer... sounds like a loose wire or fuse... Problem is trying to pinpoint the fault... hope you get it sorted ok.

System 3 Dave fitted by the dealer at new.

The guy was quite specific what fuse could have caused it, so will let you know later.