Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-May-2005, 23:50
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
Quote:
Originally posted by Ducnow
Just came back from picking the Duc from first service.
The racing exaust and ECU is installed and....... WOW i <b>[Censored]</b> love the noise and the puch it gives
NOW WE'RE TALKING!!!

Also installed a 14 tooth sprocket

[Edited on 25-5-2005 by Ducnow]

LOL, i did same when i got mine back from having full system, took it out and i'd have been off the back of the seat if it didn't have a big bum pad. Does the chip keep fuelling OK for road use?? I had a long think about fitting mine, according to mechanics it raises rev limit but makes mid range a bit worse, its meant for racing where you are working high RPM. Given that I do mainly road stuff using 6 - 7000 I decided not to fit it.

I just installed the racing exaust the came with the 999R (i thing it's a half system, not full. Am i wrong??).
So far i didn't notice anything worse (in low, mid or high range). In fact...... i fell it pulls like a train
Old 26-May-2005, 00:51
Big Twin

Ducnow, wheres the picture taken you have as your avatar? It looks like behind the pits at Estoril? With the roof of one of the stands on the start finish straight in the background. Wherabouts in Portugal you based?
Old 26-May-2005, 08:58
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:

I just installed the racing exaust the came with the 999R (i thing it's a half system, not full. Am i wrong??).
So far i didn't notice anything worse (in low, mid or high range). In fact...... i fell it pulls like a train

i don't know what system an R comes with or whether chip is the same as the one i got with my 57 full system did you also fit a power commander?? the mechanics suggested i only fit the race ecu if i was 1 ) going to use the bike a lot on the track or 2) if i fitted a PC and got it all set up correctly on a dyno.

with the new system as you say bike pulls much more strongly, launches out of corners much better and makes a nice "BAAAARP" sound as it does so
Old 26-May-2005, 22:58
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MARTIN H
Ducnow, wheres the picture taken you have as your avatar? It looks like behind the pits at Estoril? With the roof of one of the stands on the start finish straight in the background. Wherabouts in Portugal you based?

Yep, you're right it's in the paddock at Estoril.
I'm in Lisbon, but go there often (my parents have a weekend house close to the track).
At the occasion i went there for the national races.
Too bad i wasn't racing, because i had a street crash back in November
Have you been at Estoril often?
Old 26-May-2005, 23:00
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
Quote:

i don't know what system an R comes with or whether chip is the same as the one i got with my 57 full system did you also fit a power commander?? the mechanics suggested i only fit the race ecu if i was 1 ) going to use the bike a lot on the track or 2) if i fitted a PC and got it all set up correctly on a dyno.

with the new system as you say bike pulls much more strongly, launches out of corners much better and makes a nice "BAAAARP" sound as it does so

Nope i don't have a pc3, just te ecu that came with the racing exaust.
And yeah.......... "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP"
Old 27-May-2005, 00:13
Big Twin

Yep been loads of times, I love the area. Not been for about 7 years now but used to spend a lot of time there in the late 80s up to about 1998. Watched quite a few f1 races there in the past Senna, Prost, Piquet, Mansell and early Schumacher days etc. Always used to stop in Cascais usually in the Hotel on the front overlooking that little beach I cant remember its name. There was a great little restaurant there that was always full of F1 drivers on race weekend.

I have a small place in Vilamoura but these days can never get round to driving up to Lisbon etc which is a shame as I have had very happy times there. Sintra is one of my favourites and Cabo Roca etc. Whenever we used to drive down the narrow road to the cliffs there a waiter always used to leap out of the same restaraunt and stand waving his arms in the middle of the road trying to get you to eat there. Used to take friends down there and say to them "as we come round this bend a man will jump out of a door and stand in the middle of the road" and sure enough 9 times out of 10 it would happen. The last time I went there was no sign of him, I guess he got run over?
Old 27-May-2005, 11:29
888 at Last !!!

Ahh... nice.
Yeah, i went to the F1 races also when they had them there.
That beach in Cascais you're talking about is "Praia dos Pescadores" (Fisherman's Beach), if you're talking about the hotel in front of Cascais bay, that is....

Yes, Sintra is awesome (old Sintra i mean).
Hahahahaha, never heard of that guy that that used to jump out to the road. Yeah, mybe he got run over
Cabo da Roca is too full of bikes on sunday mornings. Lovely place (the most western spot in Continental Europe), but somtimes there are just too many people there at the same time.
Do you come to Vilamoura every year?
When i go to the Algarve i usually go near Carvoeiro or to the other side near Tavira.
If you ever go to that side near Tavira you have to go to "Cacela Velha" and explore that area.
Old 27-May-2005, 11:53
Big Twin

Thats the Beach! I agree about Sintra love walking up to the castle (Castelo dos Mouros?) and Pena Palace etc Its a special place indeed. Have been to Cabo Roca and been the only person stood on top of the cliffs there which was quite eerie.

Used to like to take the road on the coast from Cascais up to Cabo Roca etc past Bocas inferno? and the surfers beach is it called Guincho or something?

I dont get to Vilamoura as often as I would like maybe 2 or 3 weeks each year its unbelievable how much the place has changed over the years. I first went there with my parents just after the revolution in mid 70s as we had friends living at Portimao. I remember being taken down to a beach as a 10 year old and being told that a new marina would be built there, if you have been to Vilamoura you know what its like now!

Its many years since I visited Tavira but will make an effort to have a look that way on my next visit.

Your a lucky chap spending all that time there! I always have it in my mind to sell up and move there one day.
Old 27-May-2005, 12:29
888 at Last !!!

Yep, Castelo dos Mouros, Palácio da Pena etc... you still remember a lot of things.

I often ride that road from Cascais (well starting in Lisboa and riding thru the "marginal", the read by the sea to Cascais), passing Praia do Guincho (surfers beach) and sometimes up to Cabo da Roca. It's a very nice ride.

Vilamoura like most of the Algarve unfortunatetly has been changed a lot (for the worse) in recent years. Too many construction and too many bad construction has been raised there, it's just a shame.

Ok, remember to check "Cacela Velha" next time and then go to "Fabrica" (right along side) and pick the small boat to the other side of the "Ria" and you'll have a very nice and almost desert beach (unless you're going in mid July or in August, but it's still good) waiting for you.

Here, two pictures of the view of that road near Guincho.

Old 27-May-2005, 13:54
Big Twin

Very nice! I recognise that view very well indeed. Its brought back a memory of a particular bend on that road that always used to have about an inch of sand drifted over it somewhere near Guincho beach? Always used to find myself sliding all over the place in my rental car. Not half as scary as the journeys we used to make up to Lisboa from the south on the old road before the motorway was built, I don't know if its still the case but it used to be classed as the most dangerous road in Europe? I dont think I have ever made the journey without seeing the aftermath of a bad accident maybe things have changed now.

I agree about the building work in the south as I remember Quarteira, Albufeira etc as very quiet little towns with hardly any buildings over a few stories high. They seem to have slowed down with a lot of the building work in Vilamoura and it seems to look more finished these days. My place is a mile or so from the centre right next to the Old golf course so the development does not affect me really. I do tend to head inland a bit for days out to Monchique etc and sometimes to the west coast where theres some nice deserted areas.

All this talk of Portugal has got me itching to get over there, I had a quick week in April and watched the Portugal rally which started at Vilamoura I do tend to prefer it out of season.