Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Mar-2004, 20:25
Montjuic

Mood: picture crazy
Quote:
Originally posted by Spyke748
I saw the origional fairings that were used to create the molds. They were definite Ducati race items from an early 2003 race bike.

Not sure if the design has changed, or, if they were off a 999 WSB or other class of Ducati race bike. I do know that they are nothing like standard fairings and nothing like anything else that I have seen on the road.

so uhm...what is the final price on these cans?
Old 31-Mar-2004, 14:48
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by Spyke748
I saw the origional fairings that were used to create the molds. They were definite Ducati race items from an early 2003 race bike.

Not sure if the design has changed, or, if they were off a 999 WSB or other class of Ducati race bike. I do know that they are nothing like standard fairings and nothing like anything else that I have seen on the road.
These are race fairings.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by stephens]
Old 31-Mar-2004, 15:42
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Hey Mr Stephens , the bike in your pic still has a road bike style seat unit and Termi with carbon shroud.

The seat on the WSB bikes is quite different , the carbon shroud over the can is an integral part of the seat but left unpainted , the end of the can is also open with no carbon wrap around for the openings to poke through like the road bike , check out the official Ducati corse website and you will see photo's of "real" race bodywork...........
Old 01-Apr-2004, 02:42
Montjuic

Mood: picture crazy
who the F cares whether or not it's real race body work or not....how much is the frikkin can.?!!?
Old 01-Apr-2004, 07:38
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Quote:
Originally posted by tongpo
who the F cares whether or not it's real race body work or not....how much is the frikkin can.?!!?

with your dollar exchange rate you don't wanna know mate
Old 02-Apr-2004, 15:46

Mood: under pressure - constant state
WSB style can for the USA

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you, we're flat out with production of the first batch of exhaust cans and the demand is a little overwhelming.

In theory there is no problem with despatching cans to the USA, we work closely with a firm that has made all my carbon fibre bodywork and they export to the USA all the time. We would more than likely put the sale through them as they can take credit card payments and arrange export shipping.

One issue may be the cat in the front pipe, we offer an exchange pipe with the cat removed but this is not feasible with export customers. However, we are currently running tests with the can fitted to a bike that still has the cat in the front pipe. Early indications are good and we believe that it may be possible to leave the header pipes standard and still fit our can without any detrimental effect to the bike.

If you are still interested please send me an e-mail and let me know what bike you have and I will send over some photo's and let you know what the cost will be to send the can to you.
Old 02-Apr-2004, 22:38

Carbon Fairing

Mr Stevens,

Take another look at the second photo of my bike (from the side), the photo was taken without the belly pan on as there was no cutout for the side stand.

Then compare to the photo you put up, the fairing side panel is the same .... unless you can spot the differences ???
Old 12-Apr-2004, 09:28
Montjuic

spyke
Sorry I obviously need new contact lenses! I amlooking for carbon race fairings, the glass ones don't protect the bike properly (water pump etc) when the bike goes down.

Greenfriedbacon
They are factory Ducati SS farings, Remember Ducati won the Italian SS championship last year and came 2nd in the World/Euro championship.
Fairings/ECU etc are all Corse parts.
The F03/F04 and 749R are not the only Ducati racebikes.
BTW the bike is a front runner in the Aust Pro Twin championships.
Old 12-Apr-2004, 13:00
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally posted by tongpo
Someone looking for CF race fairings.
Old 13-Apr-2004, 21:37

Carbon Fairings (and other bits)

What do you think to the attached carbon work ???

Still running standard can with back light under the seat unit. When the bike is run in I will fit my WSB style race can.