Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-May-2013, 13:45

New owner, - well almost

Have just taken the momentous decision to trade in my beloved Guzzi Griso 1100 for an 1100S Multistrada

Never thought I would part with the Griso, but I've had it a while, and all things must come to pass. I am starting to creak a little these days and felt like something a bit more comfortable

Took one out for a couple of hours while the Guzzi was being serviced and fell in love. But it just didn't seem bike to buy, tried another one at another dealer, again loved the ride but the bike seemed a bit unloved. Possibly a common fault with them that the engine was badly corroded due to the short mudguard

Found a lovely pristine looking one on photos, and on paper well looked after, 2010 with 5500 miles, in white. Wasn't sure about the white, but couldn't dismiss it because of the colour when everything else seemed right

Its 100 miles from me, but the dealer was good to work with and we agreed change over price. For a £50 delivery fee he is bringing it over, if I don't like it I lose the fee. Cheaper than my time and fuel riding over to look

I think its unlikely that it will not measure up in reallity

So there we go. You'll probably see me on here asking stupid questions about "do they all do this" or "how do you fix that"

The Guzzi club forum has been great, I'm sure I'll find the same here

Mike
Old 21-May-2013, 14:22
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushranger
Have just taken the momentous decision to trade in my beloved Guzzi Griso 1100 for an 1100S Multistrada

Never thought I would part with the Griso, but I've had it a while, and all things must come to pass. I am starting to creak a little these days and felt like something a bit more comfortable

Took one out for a couple of hours while the Guzzi was being serviced and fell in love. But it just didn't seem bike to buy, tried another one at another dealer, again loved the ride but the bike seemed a bit unloved. Possibly a common fault with them that the engine was badly corroded due to the short mudguard

Found a lovely pristine looking one on photos, and on paper well looked after, 2010 with 5500 miles, in white. Wasn't sure about the white, but couldn't dismiss it because of the colour when everything else seemed right

Its 100 miles from me, but the dealer was good to work with and we agreed change over price. For a £50 delivery fee he is bringing it over, if I don't like it I lose the fee. Cheaper than my time and fuel riding over to look

I think its unlikely that it will not measure up in reallity

So there we go. You'll probably see me on here asking stupid questions about "do they all do this" or "how do you fix that"

The Guzzi club forum has been great, I'm sure I'll find the same here

Mike

Hi Mike, Welcome.
Where is "over here"?
Old 21-May-2013, 14:43

Lancashire, near Kirkby Lonsdale. You may have heard of or been to Devil's Bridge there