Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Jul-2005, 15:25
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
For me the trackday was in fact a bit dissapointing.

I understand the reason for running 4 groups and that the red flags were not the fault of Apex, but there were too many people out on track in mixed ability groups.

My first 2 sessions were broken up with red flags and perhaps due to the size of he circuit, we spent a long time in pitlane before going out again.

Each session was circa 15 mins long and if red-flagged - which 4 of my 6 sessions were (and quite a few of the others group's) - got really broken up and difficult to get warmed up tyres.

In truth - could I organise a trackday on a big circuit like Brands GP with circa 200 bikes - No - so credit should go to those who can.

The idea of 4 groups is commercially viable given the seemingly preventative costs of Brands GP trackdays,but they're not for me.

Too many stoppages and too little tracktime means that I'd rather pay more money for more time on a clearer track and less chance of muppetry.

Tim

I wouldn’t be to hard on the riders that GP overwhelmed, they were not all Muppets it is a track of immense technical difficulty with down hill braking fast entries in to fast corners.
You can’t blame folk for what amounts to a half second laps in concentration and missing a braking point and make them feel like they ruined someone’s day.
Like the guy on the SP2 how jumped up after lowsiding in to Clearways crating a dust cloud that could be seen from Druids, so that they could see he was OK and not red flag the session. I don’t think he should be made to feel bad that one of the best, fastest, and most dangerous corners on the planet got the better of him, do you?
Old 05-Jul-2005, 15:30
Dibble

Eric, you mean Matboyslim ..... he's a good lad really .......

Old 05-Jul-2005, 15:44
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by Wylie1
IMHO, I don't think the marshalling was strict enough. The policy was no overtaking for at least one lap. There were a few muppets that blatantly ignored that rule. There might not have been so many red flags early in the sessions if the rule had been enforced with black flags/ warnings, etc.

This happened every session for me, I'd be sitting behind Lily with possibly 1 maybe 2 bikes between us on the first lap out and several track day gods would come barrelling through 1/2 way round on the first lap, surely this is unsafe as everyone knows the drill, and it would be easy to police on that first lap, by noting what order people went out in or a marshall could spot the overtake and radio it ahead for a black flag?

Does MBS get the muppet award? even though he doesn't ride a Duke?
Old 05-Jul-2005, 15:45
Big Twin

He stopped my session and I like him a lot. He didn’t get hurt he had a good day and could laugh at his loss. All he was worried about was not stopping the fun. Muppet No. F***ing top bloke yes.
The girl in the garage next to me Fisety Racing same bend in the fast group lovely lady hope she doesn’t feel like she put anyone out.
Old 05-Jul-2005, 15:48
Dibble

and lets be honest .. didn't help that we had the likes of Jon punting people off at Druids, my poor mate Tazzie (also Feisty Racing)

Edited as i forgot the smiley .......

[Edited on 5-7-2005 by DIBBLE]
Old 05-Jul-2005, 15:53
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
and lets be honest .. didn't help that we had the likes of Jon punting people off at Druids, my poor mate Tazzie (also Feisty Racing)

Edited as i forgot the smiley .......

[Edited on 5-7-2005 by DIBBLE]

Yeah - the bloke gets a 600 and all of a sudden thinks he's an axe murderer!

*CAVEAT* No Jon's were harmed in the making of this joke *CAVEAT*
Old 05-Jul-2005, 16:03
Big Twin

It’s a track day, folk fall, sometimes it rains, and sometimes it’s badly run.
I think all things considered this one was the Nut’s.
I will be sticking to Indy rock and the GP track
Thank again.

Old 05-Jul-2005, 16:52
Big Twin

reading some of the feedback i have to say i think £170 - brands GP curcuit- 15min sessions and even the stopages considered it was excellent value for money.

yes it could have been better, yes id like smaller groups ,yes more track time please, oh and less stopages too,
but hey, id do this again with Apex because it was Value For Money, it gave a more affordable opportunity to sample a great GP curcuit.

for those of us that can take a cheque book approach to life good luck, take your choice of track day provider, im sure apex will have no problem filling your space on the grid.

Many Thanks for what was overall a Great Day
Old 05-Jul-2005, 16:54
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungi
reading some of the feedback i have to say i think £170 - brands GP curcuit- 15min sessions and even the stopages considered it was excellent value for money.

yes it could have been better, yes id like smaller groups ,yes more track time please, oh and less stopages too,
but hey, id do this again with Apex because it was Value For Money, it gave a more affordable opportunity to sample a great GP curcuit.

for those of us that can take a cheque book approach to life good luck, take your choice of track day provider, im sure apex will have no problem filling your space on the grid.

ah, the voice of reason .. was good to cross paths again mate ....
Old 05-Jul-2005, 17:16
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by Bungi

Totally agree. Top value for money & I'd have no hesitation with booking up with Apex again. Even the size of the groups didn't bother me.
The discount offered by Apex to DSC members was very generous & they should be applauded for making a fantastic circuit available at such a great price.

As I said before, my only criticism would be (IMO) the slightly relaxed approach to some circuit rules/ marshalling. This will suit some people, but as I ride my road bike amongst mostly track bikes I'd personally prefer a more heavy handed approach.

I had an excellent day, so thank you Apex.